Port timing questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah brad same ## on the other side. so i dont know anyways c ya got to got to work again(just got off of a 12 hr shift now going to put up a couple grain bins!!! who needs sleep right)

That being the case then, your numbers should be accurate. I'd leave the exhaust and transfer port timing alone. You might lower the intake to 75°-80°. Then just concentrate on widening all the ports.

thanks brad .Started on it last night cant go any wider or the ring will pop out . Try and shoot for that on the intake moved transfer a little bit not up or down just closer to the intake. how do you get into the transfers just to smooth up the castings ?????????

Put her together today !!!!!! Check timing #'s again after the port job

Transfers124 duration
exh 170 duration
intake 150 duration
blowdown looks to be 23

exh 95 degree
tran. 118 degree
blowdown 23

Needing a little help with the intake

150/2 = 75 180-75=105 would my intake be 105 then????? tha seems way wierd

We machined .025 off the piston and .015 of the jug to give use the .015 to .016 squish. Thanks for the help in advance

well did the port map last night and probably going to degree it when i wake up !! It looks like maybe.375 ish wise piece machined for a little caution. Does the .015 still apply to it across the piston or just at the squish? Thanks again hoping to post pics of the piston after i open up the windows and polished them smooth!!

Put her together today !!!!!! Check timing #'s again after the port job

Transfers124 duration
exh 170 duration
intake 150 duration
blowdown looks to be 23

exh 95 degree
tran. 118 degree
blowdown 23

Needing a little help with the intake

150/2 = 75 180-75=105 would my intake be 105 then????? tha seems way wierd

We machined .025 off the piston and .015 of the jug to give use the .015 to .016 squish. Thanks for the help in advance

.015-.016?

What engine?

A little tight in my book...

Duration

You're looking for intake duration, the time the port stays open. So the 150 figure is correct.

Edit: that would be 75 degrees BTDC and 75 ATDC - total 150.

Last edited:
thanks guys !!!!!!!! Got her together today man she seem real mad:) Cant wait to get it racing against something to seen how much I helped it!!!!!!!!

Thank you all who help me in doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks brad!!!!!!!!!! With my jug I found that My tightest part of squish was .015 then the widest was .017.

Don't know if there were any pics of redlinefever's 026 so here.I think I have vid somewhere to.

attachment.php

Its the one in front.

Yeah that's the one but the timing numbers changed since the first post she is no where near the numbers now being a pipe saw

Latest posts

Back