ported 036 video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

framzit23

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Did my first port job on my 036. I widened and opened up my ports. Raised the exhaust and lowered the intake. Also cleaned up the transfers but didn't attempt anything else on them. Ditches the base gasket putting squish at..021 and compression at 175. Nothing special just glad I didn't screw the pooch on my first saw. No pics but here is a video of the end result.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hafYV6C6Z-E?rel=0" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did my first port job on my 036. I widened and opened up my ports. Raised the exhaust and lowered the intake. Also cleaned up the transfers but didn't attempt anything else on them. Ditches the base gasket putting squish at..021 and compression at 175. Nothing special just glad I didn't screw the pooch on my first saw. No pics but here is a video of the end result.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hafYV6C6Z-E?rel=0" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>
Its a bit nerve racking waiting to test your first ported saw. My first ported saw only gained a liitle. You'll get better if you start getting port timing #'s and record them in a notebook. I have more than one jug sitting on my bench because it didnt work as planned. My best was on my brothers MS 460. It kills my stock 461 and runs with my 660. Good luck.

Yeah my next step is to make a degree wheel so I can fine tune it a little. It doesn't really show in the video but the saw really is a lot stronger than it was.

Latest posts

Back