ported 066 9 pin vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
figured id post this over here to, looks like a difrent group hanging out over here.

this is my freshly ported 066. 28" ill probly swap the 8 pin back on for big firewood

chain is full skip stihl, i know i know im tryn to get rid of my short skip chains. even so its cuts smooth and i think its pretty fast. compression is only 125 with a 024ish squis. i did put new caber rings in it when i had it down. shes had qute a few miles on her.

even with the low compression numbers it seems to run pretty good. ill be keeping my eye out for a cylinder thats in good shape along with a new piston and start this build over again. but for now i run it as is.

heres another vid. i leaned it just touch then gave it alittle more fuel after a few cuts. its sure likes its fuel.

Evan

Last edited:
Nice work Evan. I like the comparison you did in another thread showing the difference in cuts times between an 8 pin and 9 pin.

Check out TW thread on his 660 build. Might have some pointers for you.

If you tighten the squish to .018 you should pick up some compression is there a gasket in there if not just have the base of the jug cut down. Not exactly sure what you have already done to it.

i used woodland pro gasket. i put it backtogether without a gasket and went to measure squish and couldnt get it to turn over.
its 024is with the woodland pro gasket

intake and exhaust widend, lower trasnfers blended to base, upper transfers widend and blended to the intake side

GEDC1877.jpg

GEDC1881.jpg

GEDC1874.jpg

did alittle work on the piston to. opend up the port windows and blended fromthe inside out.
GEDC1882-1.jpg

GEDC1886.jpg

GEDC1887.jpg

the muffler is modded to

GEDC1945.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like you have a pretty good handle on things did you raise the exhaust. Also do you know if your compression gauge is correct the cylinder does not look bad at all.

i havent messed with timeing or degree wheels thats all as it was from the factory.

theres a few lines across the exhaust port. that dissapeard in the pic. didnt raise the exhaust at all, just widend it..

i was thinking about getting a ball hone and running that in and out a couple times and see what it does. the compression gauge does seem to be acurate. i checked my other saws and theyre still reading what they should be.

Back