ported 359 and 24"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeSurfer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i wanna get my 359e tech ported so i can run a 24" bar and chain. anyone wanna do it? gimmie a price. im in hawaii so its gonn have to be west coast located.

is he affordable? i dont wanna spend anymore then $300 all together. i know the price though will pay for itself on the next removal.

Another option would be to muffler mod your 359 and maybe get rid of the base gasket(make sure to check your squish) then 24" 3/8 with skip or 24" with .325 with either skip or full.A stock 359 pulls a 20" 3/8 with full comp well.

Last edited:
Another option.Muffler mod and square file.Learn to square file or maybe ATOP.Seems like money is an issue,if not bigger saw.You can always square everything up and make sure the bottom ring is within .001 of the top of the lower transfee:confused2::confused2::confused2:r

Last edited:
ill trade a 359 and a 394 that needs a new crank case for a ported 390 ;)

i know i know fat chance that would happen. but it was worth a shot. hahaha

The 359 should be able to pull a 24" bar with full skip chain. No it won't be blistering fast. May I ask why you need the extra 3-4 inch's of bar. A 20" bar will cut 95% of what a 24" bar will.:dizzy:

i need a light weight saw that will cut larger wood when im up in the tree.

Back