Ported Husky 61 white top

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Reaction score
I've been wanting Husky 61 white top for awhile now. Several months ago I found a clean one that I think was straight gassed. I had a good top end on the shelf and ordered a new ring. I ported the saw and with no base gasket I'm getting .022 squish. It has less than 10 minutes run time on it and is pumping around 160lbs. That should come up with a few tanks through it. I put a rim drive off another parts 61 I have and a nos 20" roller tip I had.

For being an open port saw, I'm pretty impressed with it. I cut a few cookies with it, and it feels strong. I haven't put the tach on it yet. I'll try to put up a video in the next day or two.

IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7654.jpg

IMG_7656.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a beauty. I have a whitetop made before the chain brake, which makes it about a 78 to 80 model. It is no where as nice and clean as yours, but when I need a longer bar, I grab it with a 24 inch bar and chisel chain, and it does the job in fine fashion.

Great looking saw Ed, love the looks of that bar on her. I've got a 44 white top that looks nearly as nice but anti vibe mounts are all ripped out.

that is a fantastic lookin saw........... but I really like that ol' bar. It's got a good look to it.

Back