Ported mufler on johnny 2171

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

procutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Will a ported muffler really make a noticeable differnce in this saw and what adjustments will need to be made to the saw after installation.

Sorry dude, Seriously, open up the muffler to no more than about 80% of the exh. port window. and turn your High speed mixture screw CCW to richen up the mixture. What you want to hear is a 4-stroke burble at no load WOT. By Doing this mod you will gain about 10-15% more power. let every one know how it works out.
No offence was meant, but this same question is asked every single day.
CSW

Thats ok.And thank you for the response people hear (small town in ky) never heard of modifying anything but a race saw I diffently dont want to mess mine up.Thats why I asked specific questions about it. Thank you again.

Hey if you decide to do it post a pic. I have been thinking about doing it too on the 2171 so the more pics the better.

Sorry dude, Seriously, open up the muffler to no more than about 80% of the exh. port window. and turn your High speed mixture screw CCW to richen up the mixture. What you want to hear is a 4-stroke burble at no load WOT. By Doing this mod you will gain about 10-15% more power. let every one know how it works out.
No offence was meant, but this same question is asked every single day.
CSW

Agree, but I think you are a bit optimistic on the gains - could be wrong though.....:cheers:

Yes Sawtroll, your probably right. I think it was the beer talking the other night. But properly modding the muffler along with richening the high side needle will yield noticeable gains on most saws.
This morning I was reading a thread on another saw site, the subject was
"debunking saw mod myths" it was very interesting. I would post the link,
but there server seems to be down at the moment.
CSW - Propagator of saw mod myths:)

Last edited:
I think muffler mods have been talked about once before.:buttkick:

I have a question that hasn't been talked about before:
If a wild bear, (with severe gastritis) vents in the woods on a foggy night, will I be able to hear it from your house? :smoking:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back