Ported my first saw,036PRO with video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooster68

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ported my 036PRO this week and made a short vid of it (not best qaulity)I made the ext. port and int. port to 60% of bore diameter.squish is at .021,used a soda can for gasket material.004,no gasket it would have been .017??i wanted to be safe for squish??this is my first porting so i ended up using a file more than my dremel,didnt want to over due any material removing.when i watch the vid i kinda think my saw sounds kinda lean but when i tuned it i could hear a pretty good burble,WOT at 14,100 on the tach.wood is oak.. <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E49VPuFHSOQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

when i tuned it, it seemed to lose that burble sound around 14,400 so i backed it off a hair,sorry for vid qaulity,just sick of the cold wheather,so i was testing in my dads machine shed door,ithink thats what made it a funky lookin vid.thank you porters that have shared so much info on this website i read alot before doing this,once i had saw tore down to do this every thing looked fairly (easy?)to do..now i gotta buy another saw so i can keep learning!!

Back