Porting a 066BB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have wondered why that forum isn't used that much myself. I like to see porting threads of any saw by any builder. I wouldn't mind going to the other section to see them.

Not enough "Limelight"

How about we start using and promoting it?

Here's an idea.
Right above the strip where it has the "Forum"-"Transaction"-"Garage" buttons they put a thin bright red flashing banner that says"Wanna Hotrod your saw? Visit the Hotsaw forum" with a link.

Think about it Scooter. Why go to all the work involved in making a post like this, just to hide it where it will rarely be seen?

Well it's obvious you don't want to try any solutions. So I guess just put up with the crap and quit whining.

Exactly. So why waste my time posting there? Same thing applies to the sonsor forum. I never visit any other room is this forum.

Because that's the appropriate place to post modding threads?

Like I said, if you are worried about exposure, just post a link in this forum.

This whole discussion just doesn't set right. We're all trying to come up with bandaid solutions, instead of dealing with the problem itself. Deal with the crap.

I guarantee that if you were to stop flinging crap, there would be a lot less of it flying around.

And follow the advice you have been getting. When you screw up, "I'm sorry but..." only makes the hole deeper. "I'm sorry." goes a long way.

Exactly. So why waste my time posting there? Same thing applies to the sonsor forum. I never visit any other room is this forum.

Depends on who your target audience is. People interested in modding saws, or people interested in buying modded saws.

I think once word gets out, the former will be spending a lot of time there.

depends on who your target audience is. People interested in modding saws, or people interested in buying modded saws.

I think once word gets out, the former will be spending a lot of time there.

bingo !!!!!

Where is this Sponsor Forum? It's Not just the Sponsor Banners at the top correct? Is there a list of sponsors somewhere?

You always are going to have "haters" if you consistently post your work, so that issue won't go away, and you seem to go out of your way on occasion to produce others.

The solution is simple. If you object to the way the forum is being moderated, get a sponsor forum that you can moderate in whatever way you see fit.

I do agree, however, that doesn't mean every time he says something he should get an ear full of crap. If I see some of you keep this up...guess what? I am going to make it so you won't be able to post either by having every post you make having to be moderated OR not being able to be able to post at all.
I have considered not allowing Saw Modders as sponsors because I do tend to get this too much. The sponsor doesn't deserve it and either do you deserve some of the responses. We get blamed for not moderating but we can't see everything that goes on without getting reported posts. I feel people are too scared to be called a snitch or nark or something. Do you want this play ground full of this crap? Do your part and help clean it up then. We don't tell who reports posts...we only hear and see speculation and generally they are wrong.
If they are worried about who turned them in, they should also be worried about their behavior as being unacceptable.

I gotta get some more gol-darned cheezypoofs if this is gonna keep up.:Eye::Eye:

Well it's obvious you don't want to try any solutions. So I guess just put up with the crap and quit whining.
It's more obvious to me that you don't want to deal with the real issue.

Where is this Sponsor Forum? It's Not just the Sponsor Banners at the top correct? Is there a list of sponsors somewhere?

That is not a complete list of sponsors. There are different tiers of sponsorship. Only the higher levels get their own forum and a banner at the top.

Thanks for weighing in Darin! I'll take my lumps where they fall. I've earned a few no doubt.

It's more obvious to me that you don't want to deal with the real issue.
I think it's more were just viewing the issue completely different

That is not a complete list of sponsors. There are different tiers of sponsorship. Only the higher levels get their own forum and a banner at the top.

Thanks for weighing in Darin! I'll take my lumps where they fall. I've earned a few no doubt.
He asked for the Sponsors forum, ...............Geeezzz pick pick pick.

Sponsor list is something that is on the list for Chris to complete.

To me this is like politics dems and repubs... I had to make a private forum to talk about it. It is irritating we can't be constructive than destructive. I will first try to make it so all your posts are moderated if one is a trouble maker and if I have to do a lot that way, I will start letting problem makers go. If that doesn't help I will have to re-evaluate mod saw sponsors as it may not be a field we want to participate in. I hope we can work this out. I have been working on AS hard enough without having to babysit.

He asked for the Sponsors forum, ...............Geeezzz pick pick pick.

This is what I am saying. The guy can't win. Every little thing is picked a part. I don't get why we need to analyze everything he says. Can people email me [email protected] and discuss why? I don't need to bring dirty laundry out on the open forum.

I remember when a certain builder and his cheerleaders got booted from AS for ridiculing and slandering other builders. They took their crap over to another site that has a chainsaw forum, and the site moderator (a very nice fellow) immediately put a stop to their antics. On another site the moderator rejected their registrations.

I sincerely hope that everyone heeds Darin's warnings. The downside of crackdowns is some people who are marginally involved the fights also get included in the clean-up, which leads to more fights, which leads to more clean-ups, etc. A lot of good people left AS because of the builder wars, and it would be a shame to have that happen again.

I'm done with it. To Brad and all, I am sorry. I am very high strung and opinionated, always have been, I need to learn to shut up sometimes. While I may not agree with some things I've seen, it's not my problem and I need to shut up.
So Brad, feel free to start your threads, you are right it was very informative and helpful to a lot, and I was wrong to crap in it in the manner I did. I'll stay out of it from now on.
Again, I am sorry to all.
Andy

I'm done with it. To Brad and all, I am sorry. I am very high strung and opinionated, always have been, I need to learn to shut up sometimes. While I may not agree with some things I've seen, it's not my problem and I need to shut up.
So Brad, feel free to start your threads, you are right it was very informative and helpful to a lot, and I was wrong to crap in it in the manner I did. I'll stay out of it from now on.
Again, I am sorry to all.
Andy

Andy,
I appreciate the thread. I thought it was very well put together. I think you definitely look like the bigger man in this!!!
Real good job.
Darin

Latest posts

Back