Porting the 361 Big Bore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you suggesting I race it at the Spring GTG, LOL.

I know what you're doing. You're trying to further corrupt me on the Dark Side! It probably won't take much as much as I like this little 346.

No.......That saw along with plenty of others are in good hands ......Plus the pallet load of extra parts, bars and chains ...;) ;)

My 2153 needs to start running like its rep or its going in for work... :) :)

Whats the bore and stroke of the 361 and the bore of the bb?

Here's a shot to give you an idea how much material I removed at the flange. Notice that I did not lower the floor at all. The scribed line is from my previously modded heat shield.
450319388_HE8QA-M.jpg

Love these threads. Now I want to tear into my saws!

One question, Brad. In the pic above, you say you didnt lower the floor of the exhaust and I understand not doing so at the cylinder wall, but does it matter at the flange? I'm guessing you wouldn't gain much, if anyting, but would it hurt to do so as far out as the muffler?

Love these threads. Now I want to tear into my saws!

One question, Brad. In the pic above, you say you didnt lower the floor of the exhaust and I understand not doing so at the cylinder wall, but does it matter at the flange? I'm guessing you wouldn't gain much, if anyting, but would it hurt to do so as far out as the muffler?

No reason to change the bottom of the port at all. I don't normally raise the roof, but did in this case to get the port timing numbers I wanted.

Thanks for all the photography tips! although I only get about 30% of it!
I know this went off topic but I learned allot! Thanks guy's!!!
P.S a fancy camera costs as much as say a new 2171!!!! Got my Oxy and the garage is warming up thanks to the wood I cut.:)

I agree cameras are big $$$ if I had spent the munny on saws that I did on cameras I could have bought a new husky 3120 LOL

Back