Porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shargoth

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This is kind of a dumb question to some I'm sure. But what would the smallest 2-cycle engine you could port on? I've always wondered just never asked. Thanks.

My buddy Mike who's an amazing motor builder/machinist ports our nitro trucks. T-maxx and savages. Talk about small ports. But you can take the sleeves out of most nitro motors with ease. I'm mean there two stroke in a sense. But I was trying to give you an example. Alot of R/C plane guys use the macCullouch timber bear motor it all goes hand in hand. Im new to porting too. But Ive seen alot of it done in front of me.

I ported my t-maxx 2.5 a long time ago...and as stated above..they are 2 cycle....and the piston is about as big around as a sharpie marker about 20mm..you just pull the sleeve and and grind in the correct areas. Its a little different style than what a lot of us do on chainsaws. If I had the ambition Id tear it down to take a pic. I swear those are the most temperamental engines I've ever seen...constantly tuning as the temps change. i did a mantis tiller while back..thats the smallest conventional gas 2 stroke ive ever done. maybe 24 or 25 cc

All porting means is to increase the size of the ports for better\more air and fuel intake. So any engine with a intake and exhaust can be ported. I don't much think any motor, that I know of, can be ported since they run on electric power. (Happens to be my biggest pet peeves when folks call a engine a motor)

All porting means is to increase the size of the ports for better\more air and fuel intake. So any engine with a intake and exhaust can be ported. I don't much think any motor, that I know of, can be ported since they run on electric power. (Happens to be my biggest pet peeves when folks call a engine a motor)

OH NO< SOMEONE CALLED THE "LITERAL" POLICE!!:dizzy:

Im thinkin I night port the motor on my 360 pro soon. Might also do some portin on my vortec 350 motor...

Back