Ports on Meteor jugs, Husqy 357

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwebefree

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
In building a 357, what are folks' experience with Meteor ports from 46/47 mm?
Still stick with the 46, as the ports are reflective of OEM, or the 47 is as hot.
Or, are the ports for both not as hot as the OEM 46?

Yep, bob (spike60) is the man. And ive actually heard bad things about meteor top ends, maybe just a small sample size but as said above, stick with oem for husky saws, in many cases theyre the same price or even less than meteor kits.

In defense of Meteor,
Having not known Spike, I've found Meteor jugs to be cheaper and more readily available, especially for the 2171/372's, of which I build about 12, a year, or so.
In particular, I can't often find the 503 62 64 73's for less then a couple hundred. The 503 93 93 72's are readily available, but they're the two ring, restricted port kits.
So I spend more time with the die grinder than I prefer.
The Meteor jugs are much closer to the good old 73's. Especially with the single caber ring.

Hence my question, specific to the ports of the Meteor brand.
As long as I can find OEM 46mm jugs, for the 357, I'll scraf those rascals up.
But, like the 73's, and my favorite, the 544 25 43-02's are getting towards hen's teeth.

Thanks, though, I do appreciate the input.

A few years ago before the price drop on the oem kits, there where a lot of burnt up 359s' that guys wanted to put 357 top-ends on. But not wanting to spend $200+ on oem, they were trying AM kits. None of the AM kits were as strong as OEM if I remember correctly & the quality of most was pretty bad. Seems the Hyway kit was the better for the 359/357, but Meteor might be better quality now? @Mastermind was testing these kits at one time & decides to stay with OEM.

Latest posts

Back