Possible 090 purchase HELP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyrel

MAN OF STIHL
Reaction score
Hello, I have the opportunity to purchase an 090 for 750. Here is some pics. Do I just pull the cover and verify there are six clutch shoes. How to tell between 090 and 090g. Does this look like a good buy or should I pass it up. Says it runs good. Always appreciate your advise

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 122
It's hard to say without knowing it's condition. Looks like it's missing a lot of paint. Are you buying this to use or collect?
Father inlaw wants one. More of a collector peice than Anything. He was asking 950, talked down to 750

QUOTE="nmurph, post: 5217789, member: 18671"]I was kidding and trying to show you how easily I could have do so, and it has happened here more than once.[/QUOTE]
I know you were, Thats why I was kidding back, just to show you how easily I could. I think we will be just fine.:)

The 090 was a 137cc, very large timber production saw. The 090G was a geared 106cc saw. Basically a geared 070. All these saws are still being produced in Brazil. Good luck getting one back into the US of A. Maybe in your checked bags, not in your carry on. If you put a 090 piston and cylinder an a 090G you get a 097, wait maybe that is a Massey tractor, but I digress.

Hope your pa in-law likes it.

Back