Post Your Homemade OWB Pics Here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny that you post this today!!
I should finish mine up Monday afternoon!!
I used a 36"x48 tube and a 48"x60 tube !!
I paid 100.00 for the 2tubes my flat steel is almost 1/2 thick that I did some swapping for!! As it stands now I have about 750.00 in it I only have pictures on my phone if you want the pics I can email them just send me a request at
[email protected]

Here is a shot of my gasification boiler I am building.I have a big build thread over at Outdoor wood furnace info.com here is a link to my thread
http://**************************/forum/index.php?topic=642.0
I hope to have mine done in the next week.

Here's mine. Ugly as hell right now but works pretty good. Its a cut down 500 gallon with a 125 gallon stuck in the side.
ry%3D480

A few years ago while building.
ry%3D480

Although mine does a good job of heating my house I gotta say that I would build it way different. I would lay the big tank down versus upright and use a lot bigger fire box. I've come to believe that more firebox area and less water is the key. (or should I say a better balance between gallons vs. sq. inches of firebox is the key)
Imagine trying to heat 20,000 gallons with a firebox the size of a shoe box for an analogy.
Plus if you will notice on mine the amount of firebox protruding outside the water jacket. (wasted heat)
ry%3D480

I drew this up about a year ago and someday I may build it.
ry%3D480

I would cut the tanks flat and weld 3/8" plate to the front for a flat surface for the doors. Working with all the round areas was a pain.

H ranch it looks simple enough!! Do you have any more pics of it ??
I'm gonna try to get my pics uploaded off my phone this week for all of y'all!!

I made one a few years ago and started a thread on it called My Homemade OWB. I tried to add the link but am not having any luck. Maybe someone could help me out with doing it or tell me how.

Thanks, Shawn

It's amazing how many different designs you guys have come up with. Keep the pics coming in. I have searched this site for pics with limited success. It will be great to have all this info in one place. Thanks

Back