Posting a Craig's List add

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found several TW-5's and 6's on-line for sale. They look to be tough old machines with little care, and the price reflects that. Surprisingly, if you look close, some do not have log lifts or multi-wedge lifts. You can tell partly by the number of hydraulic levers, even if the photos doesn't reveal it directly. Some have auto split valves which were standard on the TW-6, until a few years ago.

I think so. 2006 splitter and conveyor, if it's the one I'm thinking of.
As I said, I've found several. They all looked like they earned their keep, proven their toughness, and lost some paint along the way.
Probably all good, solid buys.

Mines a 'garage queen' by comparison.
Starting to get some interest...:drinkingcoffee:
Thanks for the help guys.
I'd love to keep it. Beautiful, strong built machine.
Just, no longer a fit for me, and continue to want a larger truck to carry the piggyback forklift for deliveries.

I've had vastly different experiences on Craigslist due completely to the item I'm selling and the group it targets.

I sold a cheap Civic, primarily a young persons vehicle with low income and the responses I got were what I expected and worse. Very few calls in comparison to the huge amount of texts. Lowballers. Poor conversational skills. I literally got tons of responses like "Civic?" And "$600?"

Then I sold a Miller Tig welder, a professional tool for working class, grown men. 85% of the guys called or left a voicemail, we're straight forward but not remotely rude. Set up a plan or let me know if it wasn't for them instead of just not responding. I could have sold it twenty times over and I really enjoyed dealing with straight shooting, grown son of a guns.

I must say as a buyer I've had good experiences. Now the common denominator is me and I communicate, follow though with my plan, bring cash, or let them know, thanks, it's not what I'm looking for.

Even so I've heard horror stories that the seller couldn't get their act together. Wonder what happens when the goofy buyer runs into the goofy seller. :)

I only got to count it.
Margaret has the money.
The 'Garage Queen' has left the building, and state, in a enclosed trailer.
I'm sure it has a nice home. :drinkingcoffee:

Our youngest son didn't ask how much did I get. He text, "How much did you give it away for?"

Please don't tell us what the new owner paid. I don't think I could bear it.

Glad to hear it's sold though. Congrats, and I hope you find a truck you like.

By the way, thanks again for the timberline, and while I'm terrible at getting things in the mail, I won't forget our arrangement, or your address. :)

Moved my conveyor with the quad to load a one ton dump truck. Wheel froze up. Crap. Rear bearing, a bunch of rust, dried goo, and the inner race is stuck to the spindle. My puller is too big. Crap. And no torch. Crap. When ever I've needed a torch, I've found another way and just never ever bought one.
I will be buying bearings, seals, caps and at least one hub. I saw weld splatter around the base of the spindle. Probably the culprit. Glad it didn't seize when I towed it home from Iowa.

Did you get the race off? You can put it on a solid object (old anvil works good) and smack it with a large hammer, it will usually crack them, or take a die grinder and cut most of the way through it.

Congratulations on the sale, or should we offer our condolences? LOL

Got the race off with a penetrating oil and some light taps with a drift pin all around. Now to find replacement parts and some emery cloth. Will need to take a fine file to the weld splatters.

Pulled (dragged) the conveyor out to load a low sided dump. Only got 3/4 cord in it. He made a second trip with a pickup for the last pallet which we loaded as-is, pallet and netting, and he was going to unload with a skid steer. No pictures. One, my phone refused to take anymore photos due to limited memory, and two, I then did an update, and the phone locked me out completely for the rest of the day. Crap again. Margaret works at a shop in Saugatuck part time, and got home at 8:30 pm and sorted things out for me.

The guy bought a cord to see how many bundles he is going to get out of it. He has a contract with a fuel distributer that owns several gas stations.

Edit: Neither congratulations or condolence.

The question is how do I get better coverage to other areas, within say two hundred miles, or more, to people actually looking for what I have? In this case, a very expensive wood splitter. I posted it in a large near by city, under 'general merchandise'. Can I do better than that somehow?

At the end I did list...wood splitter; log splitter. The brand name and model is in the listing title of course.

Thanks in advance. Crane
Try using key words in a list at the bottom of your ad. Using key words, may help. Ever notice the list of key words at the bottom of an ad? That's why there there. Search engines work off of key words.

Yes, yes. I have seen the list at the bottom of adds. I did that also with the splitter.
Last week I listed a DR chipper I used when clearing Poplars. Guy came yesterday and tried it out. It is not charging the battery, and I told him so, although it does not need the battery to run, it needs it to start. There is no pull rope. He is going to google it, check out parts and such, before jumping in. Great machine though and only one other near by in the 16-18 hp range at twice the price. Lots of 6-8 hp ones, lots. I'm guessing its because their not worth the space they take up. But besides selling I've been looking, and I bought a Gaylord, a pallet size, stackable, folding box. I've always called then Row Packs. I've been using four of them on loan. Now I have one, and am looking for a couple more.

If you would have listed that chipper some time ago I would have bought it off you. But i doubt I could sell mine for what I need and it works perfectly so that's how it goes.

Are you sure you can't use two chippers?
(Our son was in Cincinnati Monday of this week.)

I think it is sold anyway... Should know Monday.
Cash is king if someone commits before that.
It really is a good running machine.
It worked out great to be able to clear the area over an extended time frame. I started out dragging and stacking brush off to the side. That lasted about a week, and pushed me to figure something else out. Was not fast, but I enjoyed the process, and made what looked impossible much more efficient and doable, a couple trees at a time.

I was actually considering that, but I never did come to a clear decision.

Cincinnati ain't far from me at all.

I hope it works out for you. Yeah, I believe it.

Latest posts

Back