Poulan 2300AV Compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thanks to all who offered their feedback on my previous post on this saw. I received the owners manual yesterday that I had requested from Electrolux and it confirmed that the fuel/oil ratio for the saw is 40:1. I've pretty much checked out all of the most likely reasons for the no idle problem including rebuilding and adjusting the carburetor, checked the cylinder mounting bolts, cleaned and gapped the spark plug. In my thinking that it might be a tad low, does anyone know what the compression for this saw should be or is pretty much the typical 90PSI minimum which seems pretty much applicable to most 2 cycle engines? I believe I read that this saw has an aluminum cylinder (are they referring to the whole assembly?) and chrome piston...would it be realistic to think that a set of new rings (may be one ring) would seal on the old aluminum cylinder or does it actually have a cast sleeve? This saw runs great at high RPMs and gets there quick and I can keep it running if I feather the throttle...not wanting to accept this as the best performance I can get out of it. One thing that lind of struck me as odd is that when jabbing the throttle open, tiny droplets of fuel or a fine fuel mist escape from the throat of the carburetor...is this normal?

Latest posts

Back