Poulan 2300CVA 16" question......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xdmp22

xdmp22

ArboristSite Operative
I came across this saw in a storage garage that had been abandoned a few years back and just refound it in my misc pile of things that need gone through. The saw has a broken fuel line that runs through the handle assembly. If I squirt fuel into the carb, it acts like it wants to run. It seems to have good compression.

My question is, is it worth fixing? The fuel line has more twists and turns than a roller coaster and don't want to waste my time if its not worth it.

As far as I can tell at this point it will need fuel line and a pickup filter and the chain sharpened or replaced.

Thanks in advance

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Why not?

I came across this saw in a storage garage that had been abandoned a few years back and just refound it in my misc pile of things that need gone through. The saw has a broken fuel line that runs through the handle assembly. If I squirt fuel into the carb, it acts like it wants to run. It seems to have good compression.

My question is, is it worth fixing? The fuel line has more twists and turns than a roller coaster and don't want to waste my time if its not worth it.

As far as I can tell at this point it will need fuel line and a pickup filter and the chain sharpened or replaced.

Thanks in advance

Why not, what's it gonna cost, ten bucks? Ten bucks for a running saw...worth it.

xdmp22

xdmp22

ArboristSite Operative
Why not, what's it gonna cost, ten bucks? Ten bucks for a running saw...worth it.

I agree, but its the hour of time messing with it, plus there might be other things wrong that I can't see @ this point.

10 bucks and an hour of time is no big deal, but if the saw isn't worth much fixed, or ends up costing me 100 bucks, then I might not bother with it........

Maybe I am just being too picky.......

a. palmer jr.
Even though that has a long fuel line it isn't very hard to change. If you need a good saw to use it is very worthwhile to fix it. If you're wanting to fix it up to sell it, you'd be lucky to get $30 out of it. Some might go for a little higher but not much more. Check out ebay and see what they're going for.

xdmp22

xdmp22

ArboristSite Operative
Even though that has a long fuel line it isn't very hard to change. If you need a good saw to use it is very worthwhile to fix it. If you're wanting to fix it up to sell it, you'd be lucky to get $30 out of it. Some might go for a little higher but not much more. Check out ebay and see what they're going for.

That's good perspective.....I don't actually NEED the saw, but might come in handy. I figured it wasn't worth much private sale.....

Hmmmmmmmmmm