poulan 295 mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk67

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i`m pretty new to all this....just wondering if there was any mods for mypoulan 295? any info and pics would be greatly appreciated thanks tom

mods

Yep, there are mods. My Poulan Pro 220's muffler is dual ported. And it is now smoking stihl 250's (250's are stock). Stock it was a dog, now modded it is awesome.:greenchainsaw:

do you have any pics of this

Yep, there are mods. My Poulan Pro 220's muffler is dual ported. And it is now smoking stihl 250's (250's are stock). Stock it was a dog, now modded it is awesome.:greenchainsaw:

That's what I did to a friend smoked his mighty 250 with my 295 made him go trade the pos in on a 260!.
How old is your 295 does it have the silver muffler?

no

do you have any pics of this

No, But I might soon. But compared to stock it is relentless now, for a little cheapo saw like it is, it cuts really good.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

mod

Well, if it has anything longer than 16" on it put a 16" or 14" on it and that will be your first mod.lol But since you can't tune poulans just make 2 holes that equal 80% of the exhaust port when added together, and braze spark arresting screen behind it, and completly gut the inside of the muffler. Gut the muffler completly out, to where it is a straight shot the the 2 new ports. My ports on my poulan are vertical of each other, 1 on top of the muffler and one on bottom. I am going to buy a 14" for my poulan since it would be more at home with that setup. Clear as mud...?lol:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :clap: :) :cheers:

yes it has a silver muffler
I recently had a 4620 given to me it had the restrictive crimped muffler on it.
I ordered a old style black two piece muffler for it that I modded.I drilled the holes in the baffle to 7/32 and added a extra 5/16 hole in the corner of the muffler right next to the stock opening that is much larger on the Black muffler. Other than the sound and performance you can't tell by looking at the saw I did anything to it!

baffle

I recently had a 4620 given to me it had the restrictive crimped muffler on it.
I ordered a old style black two piece muffler for it that I modded.I drilled the holes in the baffle to 7/32 and added a extra 5/16 hole in the corner of the muffler right next to the stock opening that is much larger on the Black muffler. Other than the sound and performance you can't tell by looking at the saw I did anything to it!

I took the baffle completly out of mine.:greenchainsaw: :clap: :) :cheers:

I took the baffle completly out of mine.:greenchainsaw: :clap: :) :cheers:
I found if you take the baffle out you lose strength in the muffler as the muffler bolts run through the baffle. Leaving the baffle in lets you tighten down the bolt against something solid.Without crushing the muffler

Had one of these come through the garage last week, needed a good cleaning and tune, customer didn't want to spend anything on it and said keep it.

As he went off to buy a new saw I poked around and found this thread, got me thinking and that sometimes is not a good thing; split the muffler, drilled out all 15 baffle holes to 1/4", added a 1/2" hole to the top corner of the muffler, new: plug, air filter, 16"bar and chain and tuned the carb.

The result is a 13255 rpm screamer that is a totally different animal. Pro saw? No, Fun homeowner saw? oh yeah!!!!!!:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back