Poulan 330 Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still need an intake boot for this saw, I have one from a 3300 to fire it up with. It will never run a strong as possible with this boot though, it's way undersized. I also need a 16" 3/8 pitch bar, anybody got a spare one to trade or sell???

I still need an intake boot for this saw, I have one from a 3300 to fire it up with. It will never run a strong as possible with this boot though, it's way undersized. I also need a 16" 3/8 pitch bar, anybody got a spare one to trade or sell???

i don't have a 3300 boot in front of me anymore but i'd be lookin at a stihl 044 boot.
the carb side should work fine with that silly plate that goes behind the carb... question is will the cylinder side fit????

i don't have a 3300 boot in front of me anymore but i'd be lookin at a stihl 044 boot.
the carb side should work fine with that silly plate that goes behind the carb... question is will the cylinder side fit????

I've tried an 044 boot, not quite right. :(

The 330 boot will be great. I didn't alter the intake tract except for the port at the cylinder wall. The carb on this 330 is huge for a 54cc saw.

I'll post some pics of the 330 and 3300 carbs for comparison when I get around the thinning the throttle shafts.

I also need a 16" 3/8 pitch bar, anybody got a spare one to trade or sell???

Both of my 330s are wearing small Husky mount bars. The tensioner hole need opened up just a bit and one required drilling to allow for oil to flow through the tensioner hole, one already came that way. The bar slot is the same. This is less than a 5 minute job either way.

If you can find a Poulan mount bar it isn't worth the hassle, but if you are going to buy one, Husky bars are plentiful and tend to be cheaper.

Nice build by BTW.

I've tried an 044 boot, not quite right. :(

The 330 boot will be great. I didn't alter the intake tract except for the port at the cylinder wall. The carb on this 330 is huge for a 54cc saw.

I'll post some pics of the 330 and 3300 carbs for comparison when I get around the thinning the throttle shafts.

Your doing a nice job! Yes that 330 carb is alot bigger then the others.

Is your carb a 137 or a 164? The 137 is the desired model. Some of the 164's were troublesome, while some were not. :msp_confused:

If you stilll need a bar by the GTG let me know. I don't think I have any 16's for that but I know I have some 20's.

Mark I'll have to let you know about the carb when I pull it back off the replace the intake boot, I can't see the numbers as it's on the saw already.

Here's a couple of shots of the deflector I made for the muffler. It looks like aluminum but is galvanized steel. The color will change real soon. :D

I made the baffle go away and opened the outlet up to around 80% of the Ex. port.

Needing a brake band too. I'll try to make one asap.

poulan330075.jpg

poulan330076.jpg

This is the first cuts made with the little poulan. I had to idle her down mid stream. LOL

The wood is seasoned red oak.

[video=youtube;ajk2O2DEkIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajk2O2DEkIA[/video]

Much larger wood, but pine.

[video=youtube;sRdvmNcLy5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRdvmNcLy5k[/video]

This is the first cuts made with the little poulan. I had to idle her down mid stream. LOL

The wood is seasoned red oak.

[video=youtube;ajk2O2DEkIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajk2O2DEkIA[/video]

Much larger wood, but pine.

[video=youtube;sRdvmNcLy5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRdvmNcLy5k[/video]

Looks like it came out just fine!Nice job!!!

I been following along with your thread. I am no expert, but that looks and sounds great to me! Nice job on the PP330. I would be proud of that!:msp_thumbsup:
:cheers:
Gregg,

Considering it started as a complete basket case that was locked up, I think it turned out ok.

Oh yeah, it's just running 7 pin .325 right now. I can't wait to see it pulling 3/8.

Yes I want to see it with 3/8's as well but she sure is doing good with .325.

I'm also glad you posted the difference between the Oak and Pine.

That should help some folks keep some perspective in the difference between the two and why some folks fast saws may not have the stuff when takin out to the hardwoods.

Yea the Pine or other softwoods make the saws look good and fast on videos, but its all fluff ain't it?

No self respecting midwesterner, rebel or yank cuts Pine anyway. :laugh:

Yes I want to see it with 3/8's as well but she sure is doing good with .325.

I'm also glad you posted the difference between the Oak and Pine.

That should help some folks keep some perspective in the difference between the two and why some folks fast saws may not have the stuff when takin out to the hardwoods.

Yea the Pine or other softwoods make the saws look good and fast on videos, but its all fluff ain't it?

No self respecting midwesterner, rebel or yank cuts Pine anyway. :laugh:

That oak was laid down last fall so it's pretty tough.

After building this one with a pop-up I must admit it does make a difference.

Hell, I want to go back inside my 046, 036, 026, and , and.......... LOLOL

Back