• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Poulan 3400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Bartocci

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for a Poulan 3400 in good shape, as clean as possible for a saw that old! Would like it in running condition. Anybody got one??? Learned to use on this saw when I was a kid. None of the newer saws just feel right to me.

I have a few spares, do you want a bow or bar? If you want a NOS one, I can help with that as well. It may be helpful to update your profile to show where are you located.

I have a few spares, do you want a bow or bar? If you want a NOS one, I can help with that as well. It may be helpful to update your profile to show where are you located.
I am looking for a 16 inch or an 18 inch. I live in Rochester, NY for a couple more months and then a resident of the great state of Texas

I have searched for the right 3400 for quite some time. several have showed up on ebay with mechanical problems or all rusted up. The paint is horrible and the stickers are gone. Although I will use it, it is a rather sentimental purchase. My entire childhood consisted of driving from upstate New York to Lock Haven PA, going up in the mountains and cutting down dead Oak Trees with my father and grandfather. I learned on that 3400 from the time I was 12 or 13 and used it to cut wood every weekend since until I was 17. I am waiting for that saw that is in really good shape that is operable and has some still good looks to it, even though it is as old as I am! I have a Stihl MS290 and even though on paper it is a better saw, that 3400 I was use to cut just as good if not better and it was made out of steel,not plastic.

I have searched for the right 3400 for quite some time. several have showed up on ebay with mechanical problems or all rusted up. The paint is horrible and the stickers are gone. Although I will use it, it is a rather sentimental purchase. My entire childhood consisted of driving from upstate New York to Lock Haven PA, going up in the mountains and cutting down dead Oak Trees with my father and grandfather. I learned on that 3400 from the time I was 12 or 13 and used it to cut wood every weekend since until I was 17. I am waiting for that saw that is in really good shape that is operable and has some still good looks to it, even though it is as old as I am! I have a Stihl MS290 and even though on paper it is a better saw, that 3400 I was use to cut just as good if not better and it was made out of steel,not plastic.
I was in the same situation, my father bought me a 3400 (out of the blue) in Northern Ireland when all I had was a bowsaw, I used it for a year or so, and then I put it in the shed and ignored it for 25 years. In a moment of foolishness five years ago, I scrapped it (the starter dogs would not engage). I recently had the need of a chainsaw to help out a friend, and resuscitated a Husqvarna 50 I'd been meaning to restore. After a bit I started hankering for a 3400, and after several months browsing eBay, (my goodness, there's some scrap posing as saws out there..) I found one, used a couple of times (original chain, plenty of 'meat' on the cutters) not even scuffed paint. I bought it for a song (the guy selling it had mis-named it a Paulin) so it was me vs. one other eBayer, I got it for £50.
The tank was full of sticky varnish, the fuel lines were completely rotted, and the carb needed a rebuild, but it now runs great, I'm stuck whether to use it or just keep it, I think I'll use it, it's very powerful, if a bit heavy. I'm now right down the very end of memory lane, cutting sycamore on a precipitous slope in Northern Ireland.

Don'y have one in my possesion. Saw one advertised at a local auction tommorrow afternoon. Theres a pic of it on his web site. The auctioneer is G.A. Pickworth

hanniedog, back looks good but cannot see either side or the bar. Also no indication if it is in working order. Don't tell you much do they!

I have one here that has never been run. Problem is the air filter, filter cover, top cover and clutch cover were robbed for other saws.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I will be back in VA this weekend and can pull out a couple for you.

Back