poulan 361 wont oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Sisler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have this poulan 361 that still runs. Problem is that it has no automatic chain oiler, and the manual oiler is intermittent. That is , when I push the oiler button, oil is pumped about 1 in 3 pushes. If I pumped slower, oil would have time to fill the chamber from where it will then be pumped.I think the chamber where oil is drawn into , before it is pumped to the bar, is clogged up? Maybe the thumb plunger has a leak at its' opposite end,where the oil is actually pressed through a smaller hole?Any ideas how to fix this.Where to look? What parts(again) to buy? Thanks,Roger

Well, I disassembeled the oiling system on da 361. Most of it is external, so no big deal.No automatic oiler .The check valve at the exit of the oil tank seems to be restricted.This valve looks like a 1/8 inch NPT compression elbow fitting. Hiddeb inside is the check valve. The screen was clear(I swished gas inside the oil tank anyway).The oil pump, pumped paint thinner fine,and it cleaned everything up and squirted out to the bar ok. All is clear,except this check valve. Never seen one like this before. Any ideas where I can get a replacement? Is this kind of thing used on any other brands?Thanks,Roger :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

Latest posts

Back