Poulan 3700, worth fixing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would verify the auto oiler is working first. They have known diaphragm issues before putting money in it. NLA.. Performance wise a very strong saw. Filter is available aftermarket. Cover I might be able to help. If you part it out I may also have some interest. Thx.

So, it runs and quite well. Didn't even have to put a carb kit in it, just drained the brown old gas and it started running once the old gas was flushed out of the carb. Even the mixture needles were spot on. Next to nothing for wear on the rim sprocket either. It pumps oil, but only when the revs pick up, is this normal? The best fitting bar so far is the old one off of my pioneer p40. Anyone know the actual bar mount pattern it is supposed to have? It came with an s type spacer, but the old pioneer bar does not use it.

So, it runs and quite well. Didn't even have to put a carb kit in it, just drained the brown old gas and it started running once the old gas was flushed out of the carb. Even the mixture needles were spot on. Next to nothing for wear on the rim sprocket either. It pumps oil, but only when the revs pick up, is this normal? The best fitting bar so far is the old one off of my pioneer p40. Anyone know the actual bar mount pattern it is supposed to have? It came with an s type spacer, but the old pioneer bar does not use it.

I remember 8mm bar studs and the D176 bar mount .

A wonderful firewood saw. boatloads of torque.
D176 mount as mentioned. has a thumb operated manual oiler, as well as automatic one. Sounds like your auto oiler is working to some degree. I would run it for awhile, perhaps running a mix of kerosene or diesel and bar oil to help clean out the oiling passages.
The oilers do sometimes quit as the diapraghm becomes less supple ( that saw is about 40 years old).
You can cut out your own diaphragm and replace it.
Very much worth fixing up.

Back