Poulan owns Husqvarna??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one there called husqvarna, Just because husqvarna was spun off and has its own name does not mean electrolux or electroluxes investors do not still hold enough shares to control the husvarna name.

Yup, he's right. By following his link you can see Elux still sells Husqvarna CONSUMER APPLIANCES. Not a chainsaw or single piece of OPE in sight. Licensing a trade name is quite different than owning or controlling an entire company. How that web page indicates that one company controls the other is not apparent to me. Excuse me while I put on my personal floatation device. I fear this ship is sinking fast.

Yup, he's right. By following his link you can see Elux still sells Husqvarna CONSUMER APPLIANCES. Not a chainsaw or single piece of OPE in sight. Licensing a trade name is quite different than owning or controlling an entire company. How that web page indicates that one company controls the other is not apparent to me. Excuse me while I put on my personal floatation device. I fear this ship is sinking fast.

The Spin-off of Husky (with lots of other OPE brands under it) is about OPE equipment (like chainsaws) only, and not about "home products", like refrigerators, sewing machines etc!

Back before i bought my 372, i had been considering a Dolmar 7900. I drove 40 miles to a Dolmar dealer to check them out. While i was browsing, the owner of the shop started bad-mouthing Husqvarna saws. He told me even the XPs were really just cheap Poulan saws. Out i went, and the following day i went and bought a Husqvarna 372.

Either one of two things going on when a dealer resorts to brand-bashing.

1) They can't sell the brand they deal on it's own merits.

2) They are too stoopid to know what the #### they are talking about.

No matter if its one or two...... i don't spend my money there.

I agree. I'm a Husky fan, but I like Huskies because they are a good saw. Not because I think Stihl's are junk. Far from it. They both make great saws and they both make bad saws.

Cheers for walking out and going to another dealer. :clap::clap:

Last edited:
Back before i bought my 372, i had been considering a Dolmar 7900. I drove 40 miles to a Dolmar dealer to check them out. While i was browsing, the owner of the shop started bad-mouthing Husqvarna saws. He told me even the XPs were really just cheap Poulan saws. Out i went, and the following day i went and bought a Husqvarna 372.

Either one of two things going on when a dealer resorts to brand-bashing.

1) They can't sell the brand they deal on it's own merits.

2) They are too stoopid to know what the #### they are talking about.

No matter if its one or two...... i don't spend my money there.

Thank You for that. Amid the banter about who owns whom(?), I took this to be the more compelling point. Don't talk down the competition. When that happens I walk too. Can't trust such a charactor.

yep electrolux is the main one then husky is on a branch off of electrolux not just chainsaws either they own some of the big machines also you ever heard about ayp mowers american yard products well electrolux owns that as well those are famous at sears

also they are in the refrigerator business as well

You both missed the main point of the story - this is not about refrigerators and sewing machines, some times a well reputed brand name is used by more than one company, in different contexts, as they own the right to use it! :censored::censored::censored:

Last edited:
Whoever owns who lets put up a request to bring back a more modern version of the McCulloch 10-10 or the super 250, or how about poulans 3400 or 5800 some real saws, not this plastic trash.

Whoever owns who lets put up a request to bring back a more modern version of the McCulloch 10-10 or the super 250, or how about poulans 3400 or 5800 some real saws, not this plastic trash.

Cool. I own a 10-10 :greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:

10-10's are tough little bugers, looking to get one to add to my little collection! I once had a 250 though that I all but wore out, money got tight and had to let it go, still miss it!

LOLOL, click on the Husky name link in that and see what comes up, see any chainsaws, any outdoor power equipment. Man give it a rest. Your wrong and you've been proven wrong so let it go.

looks like kitchen stuff at a glance, this is entertaining

Geez Mowood, you're being pig headed, so much of a paper trail and still you wont believe :laugh:

Tommy, Niko, et al are all correct, they are separate companies as of '06, that's what happens when a business is divested or spun off.

ok so who owns echo ? should be good for some discussion . is it a fridge maker ? a sewing machine ? and does it make a diference?if its a good saw , :popcorn::dizzy:

Echo (Kioritz) and Shindaiwa 'merged' although some are claiming it as an Echo takeover. The new entity is called Yamabiko Corporation and no, they apparently don't make fridges, sewing machines or washing machines :D

http://www.shindaiwa.co.jp/en/important/imp081201-1.pdf

http://www.echo-worldwide.com/news.html

Last edited:
BTW, someone on another forum was claiming that Makita had divested Dolmar :dizzy:

Yep, that makes sense as Makita continue to phase out the Dolmar name in so many markets around the world and expand Makita OPE .....

Hey thanks for that have a few shindaiwas757s ,excellent saws and echo 50cc along with a husky and a few 60cc homelites . as long as the bars /chains interchange,husky and shindaiwas do any way . otherwise you end up with a lot of stuff that doesnt fit . guilty , cheers bob

Come on guys Would it make a difference as to who owned the company. If your choice of product be Stihl, Husky, J red, Dolmar do you when you make up your mind to buy a saw think NO i will not buy that saw because ABCD owns the company I would think it came down to 1, is it a good product.2 is there a good dealer near.3 are spares easy to obtain 4 have people on this & other forums had good results/service from the chosen saw. I don`t think I would be changing my mind if I suddenly found that the saw company making the saw of my choice had been taken over/bought out so long as the quality remains. If not sooner rather than later it won`t matter who owns it it will have gone PHUTT

Back