poulan P3314 intake and exhaust mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpcsix

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey all, new to the site have lurked on these forums on and off gaining some tips and knowledge, first time ever tearing down a chainsaw have done plenty of 2 stroke dirtbikes years ago but never a chainsaw, i have an old poulan p3314 that was given to me years ago by my father inlaw, used a few times a year taking care of fallen trees etc. on the property. recently she was a hard starter so i decided to give it a little love. 13 dollar piston and ring from ebay and i bumped into alot of threads on modifying the restrictive exhaust and intake so i had some fun and heres my take on exhaust and intake, i also ported it slightly maybe it will help someone messing with theirs i enjoyed reading a lot of peoples posts and it was a great help so heres my contribution.. fun project and it seems to really rip sounds like rm125! i have two dead trees i have to fell so it will get a test spin when it gets above 10 degrees around here!

first i decided to get rid of the stock muffler box and make a complete new exhaust pipe similar to a dirt bike, basically old school filled some pipe with sand heat cherry red and bend around an anvil i use for metal shapingIMG_2983.JPGIMG_2985.JPG

it was a tight radius under 5 inches it took a couple trys.

next i wanted a collector or expansion chamber i basically made two metal funnels and welded them together

IMG_2990.JPG IMG_2992.JPG IMG_2998.JPG

next i made a base plate to mount the pipe and cut the pipe into two pieces and mocked it up on the saw
IMG_3004.JPG IMG_3008.JPG welded that all up and hit it with some hi-temp paint

next was the intake i went back to my dirt bike days for inspiration and decided to make a base plate with provision for a nice high flow dirty environment motorcycle filter
IMG_3027.JPG IMG_3048.JPG IMG_3063.JPG

hmm dont seem to beable to post any additional pics maybe i can add some after i post this...

That looks cool! Make sure you richen the high speed a little.

That looks cool! Make sure you richen the high speed a little.
yeah i just ordered the splined screw driver so i can get at those carb adjustment screws a little easier, i'll richen it up a bit but that expansion chamber should give it a little back pressure i imagine not like running wide open.

Latest posts

Back