Poulan Pro 220 saw: worth rebuilding?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwh963

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
dropping stuff at my town dump, stopped by the metal pile, saw this saw on a table with the case. initially was just interested in the case since i have older small poulans. then i decided to grab most of the saw (it had been pulled apart somewhat, probably trying to figure out its problem). then i thought i would take it home to remove the bar and chain. wondering though, is it worth cleaning up and getting it running, or is it just a modern plastic underpowered saw?

Attachments

• 3FF46799-92FF-4D0D-BEC1-1A40C5996916.jpeg
    3FF46799-92FF-4D0D-BEC1-1A40C5996916.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
That era of Poulan pro saws (some maybe not all?) are pretty good. That saw has a chrome cylinder, as long as it’s not scored up I’d take a crack at getting it running. I’ve got a 330 from early 2000’s and it honestly impressed me first time I cut with it.

If you can spend less than $50 to get it going they are good little saws. I had the PP 260 and it was always reliable. If the piston and cylinder are junk I don't think I would put much effort into it though.

Next dump day I will try to recover the few pieces left behind. Seems like the vast majority of issues with small power equipment is in the fuel system. Probably bad carb, fuel lines, primer bulb, etc.

not yet, but the flywheel turns well, and the body looks good. don't think it was used much. dated 2003. however, in terms of $ value, they seem to sell for about $20 as parts saws, and $50 as running saws. i may part it out. so busy right now, and sometimes these things can be time and cash drains. i have lots of saws. we'll see.

THIS series of Poulans is worth that effort. Other series maybe not so much. (Assuming good P/C) Don’t throw it out.

You’re not showing a lot of parts. Top cover, carb, air filter and air filter housing, screws for the recoil housing. May be better off finding a donor green Poulan than buying them on eBay.

Great saws to run, modify, own and back up your more expensive ones or as limbing saw Soft antivibe springs make it kind on the hands.

Latest posts

Back