Poulan Pro 4620AVX

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This like new saw came to me without a clutch cover side plate.

The engine and other plastics looks new and starts and runs good.

The X indicates it was the type that had the wimpy Knob chain tensioner in the side of the cover. part number for the side cover is 545081874 ASSEMBLY seems to be discontinued, NLA.

I can also modify the plastic side cover from a PP295 or a PP4620AV and have the regular tensioner scrench type adjustments..
Their parts numbers are 545139903 or 545081874.

Did you buy a PP4620AV clutch cover and a bar adjust kit ?

I bought this used cover from Amazon with free shipping and it had the bar adjuster kit already on the cover. (some of the clutch covers comes with the adjuster and some don't) My total price was around $25.64.

Poulan PP295 PP4620AV 545139903 545081874​

This cover is normally around $40 plus. When looking at Amazon I got a pop-up notice of the lesser priced cover listed as used but like new or something to that affect.
When shopping I also seen a new cover on flea bay of same type and got a offer from the seller for a price of around $15 with free shipping but it did not have the adjuster. (I could have used an adjuster from my Poulan wild thing salvage covers but just elected to go with the new looking used cover from amazon because Amazon Prime has a free no problem return policy.

I used the bar nuts from a Poulan Wild Thing.

I had to slightly mod the cover by using a Dremel tool and cutting off about a 1/4 inch wide x 2 inch long BLACK plastic lip at the chain brake area so as the cover would fit close to the saw's housing as the bar nuts were tightened. (I knew this going in because I seen mention of such in a reviews on Amazon) The chain brake still works ok.

The cover is not an exact fit at the very rear portion towards the rear of the saw's plastic housing but is not really noticeable unless you are picky.
The housing works great for doing away with a wimpy type plastic knob adjuster.
Have to be careful when shopping because seen the covers priced all over the place. some at $40 plus cost of adjuster plus shipping.

This 46cc engine surprised me that with a 20 inch roller tipped bar and .325 chain it's rpms stayed up good in a 16-18 inch hard dried Oak log. The 20 inch bar and chain has McCulloch in big yellow letters and a big yellow roller tip painting on the end of the bar that came out of my bar and chain donor pile. This makes the Yellow and Black Poulan Pro look like a nice Frankenstein. My other good salvage donor Poulan bars and chains were 3/8 LP pitch and my existing 6 tooth sprocket was .325 pitch.

The like new saw came to me with no bar, chain and side cover. I was not even aware is was the wimpy knob adjust type when I seen the power head. Appeared Bubba broke the other cover and did not want any more Poulan experience.
I seen where this model was selling for over or around $300 when new. (surprised at the price)

Seems a guy cannot have too many salvage donor parts around especially for Poulans and Homie Super 2's.

Latest posts

Back