Poulan Pro 655BP gas cap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japapples

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all. New to the site. I have an old PP 655BP saw that runs great. Today for the first time I had trouble unscrewing the gas gap, and needed to gently use channel locks to get it off. It was nearly impossible to get it screwed back in too. I'm using a high octane, ethanol free fuel mix. Did that cap swell from fuel anyway? Is there any way to fix this, or might one of you have a replacement cap I could buy? Thanks in advance...Jay

There are many many others out there looking for caps for these saws. Some blame it on ethanol but I seen it many years before eth was common in gasoline, few ever come up for sale on eBay and the used market can`t find good ones very often. My own Pioneer saws have never had this problem , the big P series saws will all fit and caps off the 1100 series saws are supposed to fit also.

There are many many others out there looking for caps for these saws. Some blame it on ethanol but I seen it many years before eth was common in gasoline, few ever come up for sale on eBay and the used market can`t find good ones very often. My own Pioneer saws have never had this problem , the big P series saws will all fit and caps off the 1100 series saws are supposed to fit also.
Thank you pioneerguy600. Any advice on where i could find a Pioneer Big P series or 1100 series cap?

There is a cap on ebay right now in Greece. $4 plus shipping. Also an oil cap.Might take 3 years to get it but its a start. Before filing on it, maybe a good machinist could turn one out of metal?

Back