Poulan Pro chain tightening problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That made me wonder: Since the 70 DL chain is more expensive and harder to find then the 72, could I not just buy a 72 DL bar and replace the bar on the poulan pro?
The saws model number is: PP5020 AV.
You'd have to find a bar with the right mount pattern in 72DL or find/make an adapter for a different mount bar - you also have to make sure that the oil holes will work if you use a bar mount different from the original. I've never looked into what is available for that saw. I do use an adapter on a different saw and it works fine.

70DL, 0.050" 3/8 chains are commonly available at TSC and some other box stores, but they will be TriLink not Oregon. You can get a 70DL non-safety full chisel chain at TSC. I use them regularly and they work fine for me.

You'd have to find a bar with the right mount pattern in 72DL or find/make an adapter for a different mount bar - you also have to make sure that the oil holes will work if you use a bar mount different from the original. I've never looked into what is available for that saw. I do use an adapter on a different saw and it works fine.

70DL, 0.050" 3/8 chains are commonly available at TSC and some other box stores, but they will be TriLink not Oregon. You can get a 70DL non-safety full chisel chain at TSC. I use them regularly and they work fine for me.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately neither of the TSCs near us (FL) stock the 70 dl chain. I will look into adapting the bar, but it seems the simplest answer is to just order several of the correct chain when I am planning on doing some cutting.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately neither of the TSCs near us (FL) stock the 70 dl chain. I will look into adapting the bar, but it seems the simplest answer is to just order several of the correct chain when I am planning on doing some cutting.
I guess there's no accounting for a store's regional stocking policies! I agree though, just ordering a couple of loops of the right chain would probably be easiest

Awsome

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl
Husqvarna 36

Reminds me of when Michael Jackson died, I was going into the Dollar General store, and the sale sign on the door said, "Little Boy's underwear 50% off".......
Well, you know......
I had to make the joke with the manager.....
I asked him if this was the Michael Jackson commemorative sale ad......

Reminds me of when Michael Jackson died, I was going into the Dollar General store, and the sale sign on the door said, "Little Boy's underwear 50% off".......
Well, you know......
I had to make the joke with the manager.....
I asked him if this was the Michael Jackson commemorative sale ad......
Michael Jackson died? Huh. . . didn't know he was alive.

Latest posts

Back