Poulan Pro Synthetic 2 Cycle Oil + others (Not really an oil comparison thread)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring1898

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I read awhile back that Poulan Pro Synthetic, Dolmar, Bailey's, and Shindaiwa synthetic 2 stroke oils all were made by the same company with the same MSDS. Anyone know if that is still case?

Anyone know who makes Supertech's version? or any experience?

Bought a whole box of the Poulan Pro Synthetic stuff at the close of the season a couple years ago for under $5 a 20oz. Been running it in everything so far, (including a motorcycle) but haven't pulled anything apart yet to check for wear. I did pull apart one shortly after building and the oil left a very nice film at 40:1.

Even at the regular price it is still the cheapest out of the bunch, and way less than Amsoil or Stihl.
Walmart # 565363724

The regular might be, but not the full synthetic stuff. Mixed by the same company from what I read. But I don't recall Husky branding a full synthetic 2 stroke oil under their own name.

In the March 2019 list of JASO certified oils, you will see that item 390 is Poulan Pro Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil, submitted by Husqvarna Group Co., LTD, is certified as JASO FD. That is the same JASO certification that other Husqvarna oils currently have, including Poulan Pro, Jonsered, and Red Max.

They all say Husqvarna on the bottle; the only difference I see in the JASO list is that some were submitted by Husqvarna N.A. instead of Husqvarna Group.

Even at the regular price it is still the cheapest out of the bunch, and way less than Amsoil or Stihl.
Walmart # 550971234
By the way - that item on the current Walmart site is NOT shown as synthetic.

And my bottle of that Walmart stock number (ordered in October, 2018), also does not say it is synthetic. And it is clearly marked "Husqvarna Professional Products" on the back label.

Walmart # 565253094, shown on their web site as a
Poulan Pro 50:1 Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil in 2.6 oz. bottle

On the side label in the picture you can clearly see "Husqvarna Group Co., LTD".

And the 19.6oz bottle from Walmart # 565363724 shows the same thing on the bottom right corner of the front label (but it is much harder to read).

I think people are misunderstanding my question. Husqvarna brands the oil, just like Walmart and Amazon and Echo brand their oils, but they don't manufacture (blend) them, just like Stihl oil is blended by Castrol (or at least they used to be).

My question was whether the poulan synthetic oil is still the same as it was a few years back, which was apparently the same oil from the same blender branded under echo, shindaiwa, dolmar, and bailey's which all had identical MSDS's from the same manufacturer whose name now escapes me.

I think people are misunderstanding my question. Husqvarna brands the oil, just like Walmart and Amazon and Echo brand their oils, but they don't manufacture (blend) them, just like Stihl oil is blended by Castrol (or at least they used to be).

My question was whether the poulan synthetic oil is still the same as it was a few years back, which was apparently the same oil from the same blender branded under echo, shindaiwa, dolmar, and bailey's which all had identical MSDS's from the same manufacturer whose name now escapes me.

Spectrum Corp. blends and bottles Bailey's Woodlandpro, Shindaiwa, Echo, Poulan Pro, Dolmar/Makita syn oils and maybe Husky semi.I read somewhere that they maybe blend the Yamalube 2-R also but not sure.That is for US market,Dolmar/Makita oils for Europe might be from another corporation.

Latest posts

Back