Poulan pronunciation?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it was hilarious.... I don't care how many he has, It was stupid comment that had no merit or "joke" to it.

Lighten up Francis.....and check out the Poulan thread and see his contributions there. He :msp_wub: them.

Good grief.

Everyone knows Stihl is the best. That's why they cost more, you don't seriously think a $40 Poulan piston is as good as a $125 Stihl piston, do you?

Next thing you're going to tell me is that a $25 fuel line isn't worth the money and that $3 worth of Tygon on a Poulan is a better idea. I'd rather spend 500% more at a Stihl dealer, that way I now I'm getting my money's worth. :dizzy:

Everyone knows Stihl is the best. That's why they cost more, you don't seriously think a $40 Poulan piston is as good as a $125 Stihl piston, do you?

Next thing you're going to tell me is that a $25 fuel line isn't worth the money and that $3 worth of Tygon on a Poulan is a better idea. I'd rather spend 500% more at a Stihl dealer, that way I now I'm getting my money's worth. :dizzy:

Any bites?.... I think the stihlheads aren't spawning this early. ........besides Dolmars are by far the best.

We are very sophisticated here.....we pronounce it Crafts'/Man.

around here everyone calls them poo-lan. Even knowing this, I wont change how I say it, as if you said poll-un people would have no idea what your talking about.

Does anyone recall the television commercials from the mid to late '70s (I think)?:msp_confused: Part of the commercial dealt with the various pronunciations of the name (how the name is "said" for those of you who do not know words with more than 4 letters):laugh:

Typical behavior of a new lifeform found on the west coast (Oregon, Washington, California) of the United States. Other similar examples are found in most major metro areas in the states as well as high concentrations in Illinois and New York State.

Scientists gave this critter the designation of "Liberalus Californicus Squallis Bawlis"

Luckily I have started a thread for his type, with the intention they will all congregate in the same area being that they generally don't mix well with others.

http://www.arboristsite.com/off-topic-forum/228594.htm

BZZZT! You lose! Don't you dare lump all of us in with the liberal idiots that make all the whinny noises out here. Just because we decide to live in God's favorite part of the world doesn't make us all politically brain-dead.

I hear POS a lot.

That moniker is share with homeowner saws of all brands INCLUDING Stihl and Husqvarna. Back in the day Poulan made good saws, but so did Partner, Pioneer, Homelite, and McCulloch. Unfortunately we live in a "throw away society" where price is more important than quality.:angry:

The only thing I can add to this very useful thread is to not use how Georgians pronounce the names of towns as a guide for anything. You should hear the local rendition of Houston, Vienna, Opelika, McDonough, Senoia, etc.

You guys can call it what you want to call it, when you want to call it... it is your choice. However, having German descent and the basic language skills, Stihl is pronounced 'Steel'... That is a fact.

In Germany it would actually be pronounced "Steel." Not "still"...

Now, in hindsight, Poulan are supposed to be called Polan's... Essentially Poluan with out the "d' at the end...

I have posted in this thread the correct to pronounce...

just read the articles. It is Poland without the d on the end.

His work is linked earlier in this thread...

BZZZT! You lose! Don't you dare lump all of us in with the liberal idiots that make all the whinny noises out here. Just because we decide to live in God's favorite part of the world doesn't make us all politically brain-dead.

Not lumping all of you together. Just stating that they are found in high concentrations out there.

Those types are like a virus though...spreading through the whole country.

Not lumping all of you together. Just stating that they are found in high concentrations out there.

Those types are like a virus though...spreading through the whole country.

Unfortunately there are large concentrations around Philly and Pittsburgh as well......:msp_mad:.

That moniker is share with homeowner saws of all brands INCLUDING Stihl and Husqvarna. Back in the day Poulan made good saws, but so did Partner, Pioneer, Homelite, and McCulloch. Unfortunately we live in a "throw away society" where price is more important than quality.:angry:

yep completely agree with Ya on that!
Every thing is just made cheap these days even the SO called PROSAWS makes me wonder..
IM not knocking anyone whom has a cheap saw to do cheap saw work
why not if it works use it ,
But we know it will never last like some stuff..

I STIHL CALL EM POOH LAWNS LOL,,,,but i would use the crap outta em if they run...

Back