Poulan S25 fuel line replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys new to the forum. I was just wandering if anyone has a trick for securing the flywheel on a super 25 in order to tighten the sprocket assembly on the other side of the crankshaft. I've tried pinching a block of wood in the flywheel but im afraid i'll bend the fins. Also, if anyone is aware of proper torque values for the flywheel and sprocket assembly that info would be great too.

Thanks, Mack

I just use a 3/8ths drive impact. Zip zip and I am done.

Great write up Mark:cheers:
Is that the 25 I sent you? I cant remember if it had a vinyl coated handle or not. Either way that saw is in nice shape.

Where is the best place to order parts for my S25DA?

I need fuel line, Fuel filter and a carb rebuild kit.

a decent dealer [mine] had on shelf...

Yep. Should able to get it all at any small engine shop or Farm and Home Hardware or similar place if you have one in your area. The fuel line is common Tygon and suitable filters are available just about everywhere. Kit should also be common but I don't know the part number off the top of my head.

Cool little saws. I have a few.

I just picked up a Craftsman/Poulan 25d and am late to the party on fuel line replace....Marks pix are gone. Any way of re-capturing the pix??

Not necessary Mark, I followed your instructions and the job is done. Come to find out it's a 25DA because it has both manual and automatic oiling. The puzzling thing though is it's got a 3/8 chain and rim sprocket with the power sharp feature. I thought that was relegated to the 1/4" chain.
Half a dozen pulls and away it went, fattened up the L a bit and runs strong. Surprised the sh** out of me.

Its to bad his was bar none the best tutorial i ever saw or read.... once i saw his they became a piece of cake...

While your in the carb box make sure that the foam seal around the throttle linkage is still there and in good condition. Lots of folks don't realize this is needed here as a lot of these old saws have there's missing from age and deteriation. If this seal is not in place it will allow dirt and such to bypass the air filter and allow debris into the engine.

Here is a picture of the seal.

attachment.php

Now you want to fish the other end of the line in through the hole in the tank. I run a wire through the hole and out the filler hole then tie the wire into the line through the angled end.

attachment.php

Pull the line up through the fille hole and cut the line flush at approx 2 1/8" above the top of the tank.

attachment.php

Install the fuel filter on the line, drop it back in the tank and reassemble in the reverse order that you took it apart.

attachment.php

Make sure you get the flywheel lined up on the crankshaft keyway and get the flywhell nut tight.
I’m trying to resurrect one of these but the pictures seem to be gone???

Latest posts

Back