Poulan Synthetic Oil ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last time i used poulan mix i fried a piston and cyl on the brand new poulan pro 255 i bought in about 95 or so.. cant remember when now. dealer replaced it and i started using Stihl oil.. that saw is still going good now!
i will note, that piston/cyl was dead in 3 weeks! thats alot of wear!

Rich, I ran it for over a year in one of my ground saws-I kept a seperate can of mix and used the Poulan Synthetic in a limbing saw as well as in my weedeater and a hedger.I didn't have any failures. The only thing I noticed that was weird is that the oil is photoreactive or ages in some other way-When I bought my first bottles they were almost clear-just a tad darker that MX2T. It quickly turned brown and eventually became almost black-It kept working fine but it was a little disconcerting.

with a little research and asking questions. you should be able to find out who sells it to poulan. mite be a major brand relabled oor somethin madeto poulans specs by a quality manufaturer. in any case id stay with somethin i know will be the best for your saws ,until i was convinced it was good enuff. mabe try it in an cheaper saw first then check running temps, deposits and such. jmo

The saws come with a can of that, at least our 2050 did. I used it in the first can of fuel just in case the internal motor parts tried to exchange places with the external ones while under warrenty. No smoke what so ever. The saw has since been on Stihl oil at Puloan reccomended ratios.

Latest posts

Back