Poulon fuel line disconnected

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lines are likely hardened and broken off - common on Poulan . Dump the fuel, pull the carb and replace the lines.
TY. Is there a barb or some type of connection it goes on? The plastic just looked flat.
Another new guy question: is the fuel line somewhat universal? Where does one get it? Thanks for your patience as I’ve never repaired my chainsaw before. Seems none of my local repair shops handle Poulin brand.

The line is whole, just a tight fit through the hole to not leak. Poulan fuel line could be bought online, I am sure. You will likely need to go through the carb, hell you could get a cheapo carb online, with fuel line and filter pretty damn cheap.

I have had luck trimming a couple inches of new fuel line down into almost a string and feeding it in...then using thermostats thru the filler hole to grab the end and spin it onto the hemostats and then pull it down into the tank.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

You folks were all super helpful. I found some suitable fuel lines at Lowe’s. I have fuel flowing now. The fuel goes into carb when pressing bulb. Now I have to figure out why it seems to not be igniting. I did put a new spark plug in, so the lack of spark will be the next challenge. It appears fuel goes all the way to the combustion chamber.
Getting close to just buying a new one, but now it feels like a puzzle I need to solve.

Unscrewed the new spark plug, reconnected spark plug wire, and pulled cord while watching spark plug. It does fire.Bugger all. It appears to have fire, air and fuel. SMDH.

Yeah these are not really a primer, they are a purge. Fuel is pulled from the tank into the carb by vacuum, then drawn thru the carb into the bulb then back into the tank

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back