Power rope ascenders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arborworks1

arborworks1

ArboristSite Operative
Yeah you guys need to come back to the real world. A production climber that actually climbs everyday(keyword) will be broken and burned out in ten years.

But if 2500 bucks could reduce the toil on your body, then why not.

You all that are #####in about spending that little bit of dough on the wraptor, why don't you just check on the prices of the closest comp.

Or just keep offending folks have made a huge effort to push the tree care industry forward.

treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah you guys need to come back to the real world. A production climber that actually climbs everyday(keyword) will be broken and burned out in ten years.

But if 2500 bucks could reduce the toil on your body, then why not.

You all that are #####in about spending that little bit of dough on the wraptor, why don't you just check on the prices of the closest comp.

Or just keep offending folks have made a huge effort to push the tree care industry forward.

push the industry forward or make a big profit? Nothing wrong with that but we're not lookin at a charity here.

You have given us advice above, how about a little advice to you? You and your girlfriend have sort of abrasive personalities. You may want to hire a salesman or PR man.

John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
You and your girlfriend have sort of abrasive personalities. You may want to hire a salesman or PR man.

Umm, he's not the guy with the wraptor?

And the "girl" is Erik, aka NEtreeman's wife.

In defense of Ropetek, there is a huge product liability charge on stuff like this. If several parts are limited production items, the cost is very high from a fab shop. Until he can get any sort of large scale production on the item the per unit cost to him will be high.

The way my work is right now, I would shell out around 1500 for one. I'm in +60ft trees maybe once a week, but at 2400 I do not see it paying off for me.

arborworks1

arborworks1

ArboristSite Operative
Do some research before you start running you mouth about how expensive this thing is. The drill alone is 600 bucks before any mods are done.
Try getting a cnc shop to mill you a few pieces. Mega bucks. I would say there is very little getting rich going on. Its cool. You guys keep humping up those trees. Guess you don't like bucket trucks either!

Rickytree

Rickytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Do some research before you start running you mouth about how expensive this thing is. The drill alone is 600 bucks before any mods are done.
Try getting a cnc shop to mill you a few pieces. Mega bucks. I would say there is very little getting rich going on. Its cool. You guys keep humping up those trees. Guess you don't like bucket trucks either!

I'll stick with my GRCS and this huge electric drill. No hydro that's ok I got a small generator that weighs about 70 lbs and is a foot and a half cubed. No humpin but sometimes it's still goin from the night before!!:cheers:

Mikecutstrees

Mikecutstrees

ArboristSite Guru
If you like it buy it. Me personally, I enjoy the workout and quiet of climbing. I recently got a bucket and after a day of listening to the noise I sure miss my spikes and rope. But after a week of spikes and rope I sure like the bucket. Mike

Rickytree

Rickytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
If you like it buy it. Me personally, I enjoy the workout and quiet of climbing. I recently got a bucket and after a day of listening to the noise I sure miss my spikes and rope. But after a week of spikes and rope I sure like the bucket. Mike

Mike, Man get a pair of plugs and make up your mind. Ya I feel for ya since you got a bucket.. Not! Cheers though for the new purchase. I'm jealous

Slvrmple72

Slvrmple72

Addicted to ArboristSite
It is the Machismo of treework that draws "men" into it.
It is treework that separates those men from boys both in the physical and mental demands of the job. It also makes us a tough crowd to contend with. Sorry if I offended but the point is this on your gizmo...

Safety features? Failsafe? Keeping the rope clean? What about an interchangeable head for the climbing saw? Limited versatility vs price. I can put a pulley system up in a tree with a bigshot and have the ground guys hoist me up more quickly with a safety prussic (failsafe ). All the rope,pulleys, ground guys way < 2500 and more versatile!

In conclusion: cons > pros

Don't get discouraged though. Edison said it best “I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb.”

Rickytree

Rickytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
It is the Machismo of treework that draws "men" into it.
It is treework that separates those men from boys both in the physical and mental demands of the job. It also makes us a tough crowd to contend with. Sorry if I offended but the point is this on your gizmo...

Safety features? Failsafe? Keeping the rope clean? What about an interchangeable head for the climbing saw? Limited versatility vs price. I can put a pulley system up in a tree with a bigshot and have the ground guys hoist me up more quickly with a safety prussic (failsafe ). All the rope,pulleys, ground guys way < 2500 and more versatile!

In conclusion: cons > pros

Don't get discouraged though. Edison said it best “I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb.”

:clap:I agree! and the 25 hun is alot of cake!

John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
It is the Machismo of treework that draws "men" into it. It is treework that separates those men from boys both in the physical and mental demands of the job. It also makes us a tough crowd to contend with.

Not me, I'm fascinated by the science. I find a good number of the chest thumpers to be big-headed prima donas. They cannot think past what they thing they are so very good at. Tree care is not just about climbing and cutting, but so many of us perpetuate the model because we think it is cool.

I care for trees.

I care for trees.

I care for trees.

I care for trees.

And I get paid to climb in them ;)

Hey Ricky, 60 ft can be a big climb, especially wen it is the fourth one and there are a few more to go. And you are 250# before the gear goes on. And 45 years old and doing it for many years. And.... :laugh:

Slvrmple72

Slvrmple72

Addicted to ArboristSite
John, read my second sentence again, slowly. You are very right though I do it because I care for trees.

Whoa, I thought lowland gorillas didn't climb trees! Do you get nervous working the tips? I am lucky if I am pushing 210 all geared up! This laying around and on crutches might catch me up though!

Latest posts