PPE, Hardhats - don't take 'em off.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, I don't got much pride. Heck, If I did, I wouldn't keep inviting folks to pick on me.

I put this up 'cause I thought it would benefit all. Besides, I thought it was funny, and I did my best to write it so that you guys enjoyed it. If I got a sore noggin over it, at least I get a nice payoff by everybody laughing at it.

Hard hats can protect stupid , thats been proven but walking into the side of a house ???? Really man did ya wanna for a second fight the house ? I guess tomorrow when I hit Dunkin Donuts i will flip down my face shield in cases my frapacinno gets frisky LOL:dizzy:

The house was trying to get even. I did not walk into the house...it reached out and whacked me.

I had just cut down some of it's shade, and I think it was upset by the ordeal. It certainly got nervous when I swung those branches away from the roof line.

Can't tell you how many times I whacked my noggin just because I was wearing a baseball cap and looking down. Once I ran into my partially down garage door, I was seeing stars after that one. Maybe I need an OSHA approved ball cap.

Well that's 2 stars. I like they have them in florescent colors
. . They must be comfortable.
I'm getting tired of my tin hat getting knocked off half way up a tree and finishing it bald headed.

Being at lest a little vain, I hate those stupit looking climbing helmets out there. I am really happy with my Rockman, it has the best chin strap in the business IMHO, it's lightweight, has a small brim to offset the burning sun or falling rain(possibly protect your face from a saw kicking back) I forget I am wearing it half the time it so comfortable.
They make a vent one and one to ware around HV. They offer some of the best side impact protection out there.
I think lots of people write them off because they only cost 30.00. Iv'e owned several helmets that cost over a 100+ bucks, I feel the Rockmen is the Superior helmet.
Rockman Helmet : SherrillTree Tree Care Equipment

I have a Rockman; I bought it as my personal climbing hat. THEN, I let my guys use it.

The other climber didn't like it, he would only wear one of the cool streamlined ones from Petzl. Then the groundies got ahold of it. Now it doesn't have the neat little straps to keep it on your head anymore, so I can't use it in a tree now.

Typical events at my business. I have to watch every tiny detail, or it all goes to hell.

I have been looking at the Rockman. I can't wear safety glasses in the tree and the sun hangs real low here for a lot of the year. A visor would be real handy. The vents would be great. Probably look like steam jets on me. And it may keep me cool enough so I could wear the ear muffs .
Thanks for the recommendations.

I have a pretty good size noggin, with the medium size V-Gaurd I still have enough room for good safety. And with the Staz-On suspension I can put my Northern Outfitters Arctic Liner between the shell and the suspension. I like the Staz-On, it doesn't give me a head ache.

Pdq. A full brim florescent orange MSA V-Gaurd is a good ground man hardhat. Easy to see from far away. Not too spendy either.

Around here we are a little more partial to the construction style hats. My guys generally hate the hard hats, maybe I should try some of the wide brim style.

Back