Prayers please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I have some bad news I want to share with all of you.
Yesterday while camping with his mother and grandparents, my soon to be 5 year old son Wyatt fell backwards into the campfire. He has first and second degree burns to both hands and wrists, the lower part of his back and back of both thighs. He also has 3rd degree burns to the back of the knee upper calf area of both legs that will be operated on tomorrow with skin grafts.

This is every parents worse nightmare and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
I'll be praying for Him. I had a fountain firework blow up when I was a kid and give me second degree burns over the better part of my left arm... It's hard to articulate that type of pain...

Yesterday while camping with his mother and grandparents, my soon to be 5 year old son Wyatt fell backwards into the campfire. He has first and second degree burns to both hands and wrists, the lower part of his back and back of both thighs. He also has 3rd degree burns to the back of the knee upper calf area of both legs that will be operated on tomorrow with skin grafts.

I just prayed Vinny and will tonight and tomorrow for total healing!! God Bless you and little Wyatt!! Young boys are tremendously resilient! God made them that way to survive trauma and pain like this!!

I'll be praying for Him. I had a fountain firework blow up when I was a kid and give me second degree burns over the better part of my left arm... It's hard to articulate that type of pain...

Yup been there myself about 15 years ago burnt the side of my right leg from my knee to my ankle, borderline 2nd/3rd degree. No other pain worse than that.

Prayers are with you and your family. I have a five and nine year olds and the thought of something happening really scares me. I sure hope he comes out ok!

Best wishes from the PNW... as a parent I just can't imagine how you must be feeling, and the little fella too. He'll be fine though, kids are amazingly resilient.

Anyone with children does not like to hear of another child suffering. I will be praying for him and his recovery and for you because I know it is hard on you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying for you and his mother, and grandparents, and especially Wyatt. I'm sure he's in good hands.

I feel bad for the little guy.
I had about half the backside of one hand in that 2~3rd burn range when I was about 10 years old.
I can only guess at how that much burned area smarts.

I did the same thing as a kid. I recovered quick and it didn't seem to hurt as much as when I burned myself as an adult.

prayers from the Richards family to yours.
the next week will fill like hell for you your son and your family.
just remember that we all will still be praying.

Ps
Tell your son that was a nice fish for me please :clap:

Back