pre ported p/c kits?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifixbuses

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok my first post. Ive lurked for a while and read a bit about porting and big bores ext ext. I have been barrowing an ollllddddd 044 of my bro inlaws for a while(im afraid if it gives up while im using it im on the hook for repairs even though he says not to worry bout it). Ive used that saw quite a bit soley to put up firewood.
It is time for me to buy a new saw(new to me) I have been looking at alot of 034- 066 saws on cl. all in seller described good condition. Im liking the idea of a 034 036 or 038 . the saws i have been looking at all are used and I wont buy a used saw unless i get it for a price where i fel im still ahead doing a p/c kit.
My question is is there any of the known good porters that will sell a pre ported piston and cylinder set? If im going to do a rebuild why not upgrade at the same time?Im perfectly capeable of installing a p/c kit done it to alot of dirtbikes and fourwheelers and im diesel mechanic by trade.(chainsaws are like doing an inframe from the top... kinda lol)
I hope this is clear search function did not help me much thanks for the advice guys

What he said! There is too much variance between the parts to do it right without them all is asking for problems!

Back