Pressue testing OWB system

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon B.

Jon B.

ArboristSite Member
Central Boiler recommends a 30-minute test at 50psi of air pressure before filling the boiler. After considerable reflection, I came upon this really simple bit of hardware. The thermostatic valve installation kit comes with two hose-bib fittings (and their caps) for filling with water. I modified one of the caps to do my pressure test.

View attachment 261542

Pretty clever, I think - if it works...

Jon

Fifelaker

Fifelaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
When did they start this? I installed mine and soldered the copper in the basement hooked up the pex filled the stove and been burning for 9 years. They are a non-pressure vessel.

Jon B.

Jon B.

ArboristSite Member
The boiler itself is open to the atmosphere. I'll be closing the valves at the boiler, and just pressurizing the piping and fixtures.

I installed the isolation flanges at the pump, and put a valve on the return port of the boiler.

Jon

Jon B.

Jon B.

ArboristSite Member
Last of the PEX fittings done this evening. Installed my custom pressure fitting; inflate to 47psi; wait 'til after supper to check. Woot! Still at exactly 47psi!!

Thermostats installed in house and garage. Tomorrow it's fill and fire.

Jon

Latest posts