Pressue testing OWB system

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon B.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Central Boiler recommends a 30-minute test at 50psi of air pressure before filling the boiler. After considerable reflection, I came upon this really simple bit of hardware. The thermostatic valve installation kit comes with two hose-bib fittings (and their caps) for filling with water. I modified one of the caps to do my pressure test.

View attachment 261542

Pretty clever, I think - if it works...

Jon

When did they start this? I installed mine and soldered the copper in the basement hooked up the pex filled the stove and been burning for 9 years. They are a non-pressure vessel.

The boiler itself is open to the atmosphere. I'll be closing the valves at the boiler, and just pressurizing the piping and fixtures.

I installed the isolation flanges at the pump, and put a valve on the return port of the boiler.

Jon

Last of the PEX fittings done this evening. Installed my custom pressure fitting; inflate to 47psi; wait 'til after supper to check. Woot! Still at exactly 47psi!!

Thermostats installed in house and garage. Tomorrow it's fill and fire.

Jon

Latest posts

Back