Pretty disappointed with this Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as Junk stihl homeowner plastic saws go, my little 180 has been ready and wiiling to cut up whole trees to keep us nice and warm. I completely cut up two monster trees just the other day for firewood and that little saw sang a sweet tune the whole time I can't wait to run it again. Plastic junk. Don't get me wrong I'd love to run the Jonny but she still needs a new chain, :(

Next time you up that close, PM me, you can see how the "poor people" do with CAD:rock:

Hi Joe,

I'll give you a jingle if I'm going up there....nice people in Worcester. Sadly last time I was there was for the funeral for the 6 FF's that died in that Cold storage building....what a sad day.

As far as Junk stihl homeowner plastic saws go, my little 180 has been ready and wiiling to cut up whole trees to keep us nice and warm. I completely cut up two monster trees just the other day for firewood and that little saw sang a sweet tune the whole time I can't wait to run it again. Plastic junk. Don't get me wrong I'd love to run the Jonny but she still needs a new chain, :(

I know exactly what you mean.

I went out and scrounged up some new logs. The MS250 seems to be developing an appetite of its own.

So it/I can do some more of this...

View attachment 272923

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

I'll give you a jingle if I'm going up there....nice people in Worcester. Sadly last time I was there was for the funeral for the 6 FF's that died in that Cold storage building....what a sad day.

Yeah swing by for sure.
Off topic, The night of the cold storage fire i was at a high school dance. My girlfriends, best friends father was a liuetenant on the WFD. He almost didnt make it out.
Back in '87 my uncle had listed that building. He walked through it and said the place was a maze. The building was essentially a big fridge broken up into compartments about the size of walk in coolers. Each "cooler" had 4 doors, one on each wall, so you could imagine what it was like in there. The walls were 12" brick, 16" cork then over the years they added styrofoam and tar. You can see where Im heading.
The place was empty for a long time and bums would squat in there. At the time of the fire there were 2 in there a man and a girl. They had had candles going then got in a fight and left. There was a diner across the street and the owner saw smoke come from a couple windows, the building only had maybe 5. He called it in and told them there were people in there, not knowing they had left.
Fire dept shows up and sends a crew in, the open up the bower level doors and smash thru a big ventilation window in the roof. Dont find anyone, then they got lost and were running low on air. They sent 2 more crews in and they got lost too. At this point it was an inferno, cold air fed from the lower floors rushing up thru that air shaft.
It was horrible, and other weird stuff happend that night there. To be honest I forgot most of it but i knew a bunch of cop and fireman who were there and talked about it.

Latest posts

Back