Price of 10 cord logger load of oak?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was wondering what the going price is for a 10 cord truck load of oak 8 ft. logs.
I checked a couple guys here they wanted $900 delivered, said it is a extra $100 because they have to run a snow plow to get to it. I might wait, but it is nice to get it this time of year because it won't be all full of dirt, they skid it out on the frozen snow covered ground now.

Where I am, a load of 8' logs - none of which will be oak - and that is sold as 8 cords goes for $980 - so at your price and the fact that it's oak, I'd be buying two.

But that could just be regional.

Treelength deliveries

Just got 3 loads of treelength, (18 to 22ft) delivered. Wood was a mix of about 75% red oak, balance being mostly shagbark hickory, and black birch. Saw a couple sticks of ash and red maple but not much. Wood is processor grade, 18 inch max. at the butt, most in the 12 to 14 inch range, and straight as an arrow. Should get 8 to 8-1/2 cord cut and split per load. Another two loads coming this weekend or early next week.

Cost per truckload P1200212.JPG is $700 cash.

$700 for 10 cords of 100 inchers of hardwood.

We always wind up with 12-13 cords showing up per load.

Ad in the yellow paper, $55/cd plus delivery. Outfit outta Park Falls.

I'd guess around $2/mi for hauling.

Between $900 and $1000 for a 10+ cord load of 100" oak logs delivered. I think later in the spring that price will drop a bit. More so in the summer and if you take some ash with it. I've got a few good loggers in the area to do business with and that keeps them all honest.
Would any of these fellas want to sell me 50 loads or so I'm ready to buy

Man I wish I could get that. I pay $1400 for a load of birch in log length. 9 cords or so per load.

that 900.00 sounds like a good deal to me to be dropped of at my house with no limbs to buck and stack. I am in central Indiana do you guys have any contacts around here that could do a load like that?

I'd like to find 2 loads or 20 cords in the spring.... I'd by 5 loads and pay cash if I could find it for that price.. Getting too old and a bad knee to haul wood like I do. Looking at an operation this summer and would like to get a stock pile of wood.

Between $900 and $1000 for a 10+ cord load of 100" oak logs delivered. I think later in the spring that price will drop a bit. More so in the summer and if you take some ash with it. I've got a few good loggers in the area to do business with and that keeps them all honest.

I'm in the Milwaukee area, I'd take a load of logs like that if I could find it, but so fqr I can't find anyone who would deliver.
It sucks because all I can do is scrounge wood?..
Dave

Treelength deliveries

Just got 3 loads of treelength, (18 to 22ft) delivered. Wood was a mix of about 75% red oak, balance being mostly shagbark hickory, and black birch. Saw a couple sticks of ash and red maple but not much. Wood is processor grade, 18 inch max. at the butt, most in the 12 to 14 inch range, and straight as an arrow. Should get 8 to 8-1/2 cord cut and split per load. Another two loads coming this weekend or early next week.

Cost per truckload View attachment 330685 is $700 cash.

Swamp Yankee, who do you get your log length deliveries from? I just got a load yesterday for $750 that is supposed to yield 7-8 cords.

Attachments

• wood1.JPG
    wood1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
I guess $900 isn't too bad, I paid $800 2 years ago. They only have to haul it about 15 miles to my house from there landing. All oak. Park Falls is 75 miles one way.

$1200-1300 here for a logging truck of Oregon white oak logs with about 10 green cords in it, delivered. Not always available here though.

i have to say that i'm a little jealous to see logging trucks deliver wood to you guys. I have a guy that will deliver a 16' small dump truck of wood for 50 dollars. I get about 1.25 cords per load. That's about all I can reasonably fit in my yard till it's cut and stacked, and when I say reasonably fit, it means as much as i can before I hear about it from the misses;)

Back