Price of D. Fir

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonbc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows the going rate, for a cord of Douglas Fir, in Northern California, delivered???

More specifically the wood is from Santa Rosa, California...Sonoma County...wondering what i can get a cord for...

Do you think i should try and sell it east in the Davis and Sac area???

any ideas would help

thanks mike

Over on our side of the hill Doug Fir usually doesn't go for much...maybe two hundred a cord. Theres too much of it in the Sierras and it's too easy to get so it's not all that valuable. The people I know that use it for firewood have some on thier own property or close access to someone else's. Transporting wood has become a major cost because of gas prices.
You could try Sac or Davis but most of the firewood in that area is oak or orchard wood. Oak is around 300 a cord and almond or walnut is slightly less.
Wish I had better news for you but the firewood market around here is pretty much saturated with cheap wood. A lot of people are taking out orchards and that's driven the price way down.
Maybe the Bay Area might be a better place to look.

Latest posts

Back