Price of porting 660 and 261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allamerican

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello. I want my 261 and 660 ported. Can anyone get me a price and a pic of what it could look like? Not trying to be obnoxious.
Would it sound better, power difference, etc? Id hate to ship my saws out to someone and never see them again. Reputable a key. thanks.

Bump. Found this thread in the Chainsaw Sticky forum (wrong forum to start a thread). It said it got moved to the chainsaw thread but probably got buried. Some of the builders may want to reply, or maybe not.

Allamerican, there are many reputable builders on here. If unsure, just ask for references, but then you have to wonder if their references are reputable too :msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
Hello. I want my 261 and 660 ported. Can anyone get me a price and a pic of what it could look like? Not trying to be obnoxious.
Would it sound better, power difference, etc? Id hate to ship my saws out to someone and never see them again. Reputable a key. thanks.
Usually its around $250 plus shipping. There are alot of great porters here.

Look at some build threads . They'll have pictures. And most charge $250-$300 per saw. But its worth every dime. Look on YouTube you can find comparison videos. Oh and you look new welcome to the site. Feel free to ask questions

man i type slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Thanks for the warm welcoming. Didnt mean to start thread here. Who would you recommennd? I"ll do one at a time if its that pricy. Or maybe thats not pricy. Thanks! I love this site.

Stumpy's Customs, Mastermind, TLandrum, BSnelling, etc. There are plenty of people that port here on Arborist Site. Most of them have an e-mail and phone number in there signature. I recommend picking up the phone and just calling them. They will ask questions like what length bar you plan on running, are these all day work saws or weekend warrior fire wood saws, etc to help them judge what can and can't be done to the saw. You will probably find someone that you are most comfortable talking with and that's who I would recommend. Definitely will change the sound and performance of your saw.

So exciting! Just watched masterminds videos before/after porting. The problem I have no is deciding on which one to port out first. Thanks again!

Thanks for the warm welcoming. Didnt mean to start thread here. Who would you recommennd? I"ll do one at a time if its that pricy. Or maybe thats not pricy. Thanks! I love this site.

There are a bunch I'm NOT advertising but giving you names I can think of the rest of you guys feel welcome to fill in ones I miss. Stumpy, Mastermind, tree monkey, snelling, Dennis cahoon, tlandrum, I'm forgetting a bunch of guys. Plenty to choose from real quality guys.

Which do you use most often ?

I would send then to one of the porters in TN if it was me.;)

How many times do I have to say it?

Ported chainsaws are just a fad.

[video=youtube;klhkM9QDfkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klhkM9QDfkA[/video]

Tree Monkey just did my MS660 and it is extremely nice on how it responded to his touch. He also did my MS460 both saws turned out fantastic. I recommend him.

I sent the MS660 directly to him and handed off the MS460 at the last Iowa GTG in person. He didn't disappoint at all.

Both saws pull any bar put on them with authority

How many times do I have to say it?

Ported chainsaws are just a fad.

[video=youtube;klhkM9QDfkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klhkM9QDfkA[/video]

True so true. Im getting tired of cutting a couple cords in a few hours and having all that extra time to drink beer....:givebeer::givebeer:

man i type slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Just keep posting....I like your avatar......:redface:

Tree Monkey just did my MS660 and it is extremely nice on how it responded to his touch. He also did my MS460 both saws turned out fantastic. I recommend him.

I sent the MS660 directly to him and handed off the MS460 at the last Iowa GTG in person. He didn't disappoint at all.

Both saws pull any bar put on them with authority

Yes Sir!

Scott builds a strong saw. Treemonkey Saw = Torque and Power.

I will also add there are several people here that I would send my personal work saws to as well. SHould have done that in the original post.

Brad has something on the way to me right now:clap::clap:

Masterminds saws are really loud and cut really fast and smell like pie.

What's not to love?

Latest posts

Back