Price on a mcculloch super pro 118?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astnmacgto

Carnac The Magnificent
Reaction score
Ik that a saw is only worth what somebody is willin to pay, so that being said out of any of you guys out there that own one of these or even have one in dolmar colors what did you give for yours and what were the give circumstances,
Thanks, ADLM

Let me clarify, not trying to be nosy, but I have added that to my list of saws that I wish to collect and should I run across one I'd like a pretty good estimate of what they are worth.
Thanks, ADLM

cant say ive ever heard of a mcculloch super pro 118 where did you come up with that number do you mean a super pro 125?
Nope its actually a sachs dolmar 166 wearing a mac yellow shirt. From what I understand they were sold only in Australia because mcculloch was already a huge name in the country and I guess dolmar thought they could sell more.
Someone please let me know if I'm wrong on that part, but ik it's a dolmar 166
ADLM

Nope its actually a sachs dolmar 166 wearing a mac yellow shirt. From what I understand they were sold only in Australia because mcculloch was already a huge name in the country and I guess dolmar thought they could sell more.
Someone please let me know if I'm wrong on that part, but ik it's a dolmar 166
ADLM

The SP118 is indeed a SD166 in yellow instead of the Dolmar orange. You can actually see the orange paint underneath the yellow on these saws where it has worn through. They were sold out here in Australia as stated, as were the orange Dolmar 166 saws. I have come across quite a few of them out here in my travels, and in my experience have been an easier saw to find in Australia as opposed to the Dolmar 166. Prices can vary as with all saws. I have seen them sell for a few hundred dollars out here, as well as several thousand to overseas buyers.

Chris

The SP118 is indeed a SD166 in yellow instead of the Dolmar orange. You can actually see the orange paint underneath the yellow on these saws where it has worn through. They were sold out here in Australia as stated, as were the orange Dolmar 166 saws. I have come across quite a few of them out here in my travels, and in my experience have been an easier saw to find in Australia as opposed to the Dolmar 166. Prices can vary as with all saws. I have seen them sell for a few hundred dollars out here, as well as several thousand to overseas buyers.

Chris
Interesting so they didn't even paint them yellow to start with huh? That seems like the lazy way out. And I guess it will come down to, if I ever want to find one cheaper than most it'll have to be one that someone has already brought to the US
Thanks for the insight.
ADLM

Dolmar sold six model saws to McCulloch for the Australian market. Of the "Magnificent Seven" from McCulloch six were Dolmar's.

View attachment 529524
I've read about the "magnificent seven" just a little bit and I do believe the only mac was a double eagle 50 if memory serves correct and that picture you posted is one fine looking saw I must say.
ADLM

Just a regular 166 is worth over $1000 here, so a good SP118 is worth more, mainly because the shipping from Australia is pretty steep. It is one of the "holy grail" saws for muscle saw collectors in the US in my opinion. I have one, but sorry it is not for sale.

Just a regular 166 is worth over $1000 here, so a good SP118 is worth more, mainly because the shipping from Australia is pretty steep. It is one of the "holy grail" saws for muscle saw collectors in the US in my opinion. I have one, but sorry it is not for sale.
I wouldn't dream of trying to swindle you out of your only 118, that'd be like somebody trying to buy my pro mac 1000 or my pro mac 850........ not gonna happen one day I will find one and i will bring it home with me, I just have to be patient. And I've definitely notices that leeha has a fantastic collection of everything cool
ADLM

Thanks Mark for posting The Magnificent Seven. I did not know about that. Always learning...

I think i have one of these non complete, i purchased it with 2 other saws from a recycling center in Canberra for $5 a few weeks ago , i will get some pics

Latest posts

Back