Pricing per inch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's genius! I'll be able to rid my mind of all the other factors involved and concentrate on just getting the job done. :popcorn:

That's hilarious. It sounds like it was written in a different language and translated into English:

It’s time to reevaluate your tree trimming and may be you would like to hire a tree service to remove a tree and grind the stump or shape your shrubs, plant seasonal flower bed, Land cover, a complete landscaping project before it get worse. But it’s also time to save money with special cheap tree service offering by Farmers Tree Svcs.
TREE SERVICE REMOVE DESCRIPTION Clear away. Cut the tree through the truck or stem, so that it can be harvested or removed, chip stems, branches, and truck and haul, clean yard after job is done.

When it comes to invest well money to create beauty to a property or upgrading a landscaping project. We are on it. Our expert crew will professionally plan, draw and install. We do it all.

Thats Awesome! LOL! You can see the homeowners out in their yards with the tape measures out! " Can I get a discount with a six pack of beer? How about a 12? Bottles? Heck make it a case I have a lot of trees I need professionally removed and I don't trust those Craiglist hacks!"

Wow pricing by the inch for tree removal that would be great if it would work. I got a 48 inch cottonwood tucked tight between two houses and sprawling over 3 houses. No bucket truck access and wood and branches have to be hauled past a pool up 3 steeps across the deck and out to the front of the house. He's welcome to come do it for 1400.00.

The owner might have a degree but I think he needs to find someone with a degree to write out his company biography. Oh my god who ever wrote it sounds like they were drinking while entering it.

His pictures sure look nice.

Wow pricing by the inch for tree removal that would be great if it would work. I got a 48 inch cottonwood tucked tight between two houses and sprawling over 3 houses. No bucket truck access and wood and branches have to be hauled past a pool up 3 steeps across the deck and out to the front of the house. He's welcome to come do it for 1400.00.

The owner might have a degree but I think he needs to find someone with a degree to write out his company biography. Oh my god who ever wrote it sounds like they were drinking while entering it.

Hooked on phonics didn't work for him LOL.

By the way, I know I have seen that climber picture before on another web site.

:monkey:

A similar pricing scheme might work, however. If you charged by the inch of circumference instead of each inch of diameter, you would have a price scale that would match the physics of tree removal.

If you had three or four price scales, according to how many objects were underneath the tree or whatever other difficulties might be found, you might actually come up with a pricing system that worked.

I give you credit, you're an out of the box thinker. Where I instantly thought what an idiot they were, you were thinking how it might work!
Some people might see that price list and call thinking it's a good deal and at least he got to their property to give an estimate.

Yeah, definately nice pictures- I love that chip truck, thats like my dream second dump truck.

It looks like bait and switch to me. There is a guy around here that advertises flat rate computer repair for $50. But when you get in there it all changes real fast.

Bait and switch eh?, looks like you got all the angles J. Dont know if I've seen or heard that from a tree guy...

I do not bait and switch. My carpet cleaning competition does all the time. What they don't tell you in the ad is that they will not remove stains for the advertised price. Also they upsell post sprays, alergen reducers, moving furniture, and often a trip charge. I too have never heard this about tree companies. But how can a flat rate work out for a tree service unless it's ungodly high. I assume that your reply wasn't intended as an insult.

I worked with a company that did smaller trees with a size/difficulty system for their salesmen, it was not advertised.

Spread x height gave a value for cost, then there was a difficulty multiplier. This let lawncare salesfags...errr...salesmen pitch tree work :rolleyes:

I too like that chip truck..is that a 200XP Bandit chipper.? I love having nice looking equipment..I always get compliments from customers on how nice my stuff looks..I have the frame of mind that when a customer sees well taken care of equipment(IE no bailing wire holding stuff together..shoty weld jobs..a good paint job..and everything is relativley clean)..they get the impression you know what you're doing..and are more willing to hire you than the guy with the beat up truck and old POS chipper that looks like it needs to be junked..

Ya.what if I did?LMAO you think thats bad..my help hates me when it comes cleaning the yard when it all done..one leaf, one branch..any saw chips..their job isnt done until the yard is spotless..my drill instructors ingrained into me the true meaning of attention to detail...time and time and time..and time again..LOL

Back