• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Primo Stihl MS-361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys- this is yet another nice saw that I got locally. It came from an older guy and I didn't really understand the story behind it- he had it partially disassembled when he brought it to me. I asked him what was going on with it and all he could tell me was "I heard a strange sound." Anyhow, the saw turned out to be real nice. I did go ahead and split the case and installed new seals, gaskets, and the flywheel side bearing (all OEM.) The PTO side bearing was minty so I left it. The piston and cylinder appeared to be low-hour, the piston had very little carbon build-up and the factory machine marks were still very visible. The OEM rings still had their machine strikes.

The tank has some obvious external wear but still looks good. The top cover and sprocket cover show minimal wear. There are three aftermarket parts on this saw- The old guy lost the muffler, brake handle, and filter cover- so I replaced those with new parts from Bailey's. Everything else looks really good and compression is fabulous. After I finished the rebuild the saw started right up and idled smoothly. This would be another great saw to send to a builder. I'm asking $475 for it and I can do some trading- I'm looking for a MS-650/660 bottom end with a good crank or a later 066 bottom end. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back