Pro mac 610 back to life

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
30 years ago I bought a new Pro Mac 610 as my primary saw and it served me well until about 5 years ago when the trailer it was riding in came unhooked from my truck at 55MPH. Banged up a broken beyond repair (so I thought) I purchased my first Stihl, a 036. The boys have been after me to fix it and a buddy came to the rescue with a locked up 610 for parts. Youngest boy has been working on it for a week and we got it going today. I took out to the wood pile and ran it through some big stuff that we couldnt split.. I had forgoton how loud the thing is with the exhaust pointed back up at the operator and crude compared to the 036 but it still has lots of balls to run that 20" bar. I gave it to the oldest boy, I'm keeping the 036, LOL If it works there should be a picture of the 36 and the 610.

All things considered,they are not too bad of a saw.I've had one about that long myself and it still runs just fine .I have worn out 4 or 5 bars and at least a 5 gal bucket of chain loops but the the old gal just keeps on kicken .Not too bad for a less than pro grade saw.

Back