Pro Mac 700 Oiler - UFO part

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roosterhog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After like 5 years of remission, my CAD is back. This gifted (yes, devine intervention) Pro Mac 700 automatic oiler doesn’t work so I opened up the oil tank. This little plastic part was laying in the bottom of the tank - or at least that’s where I first noticed it. I can’t figure out where it is supposed to go or what it does. Help!

Attachments

• 904F85F9-1865-482C-8C87-8F68DE04A415.jpeg
    904F85F9-1865-482C-8C87-8F68DE04A415.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
After like 5 years of remission, my CAD is back. This gifted (yes, devine intervention) Pro Mac 700 automatic oiler doesn’t work so I opened up the oil tank. This little plastic part was laying in the bottom of the tank - or at least that’s where I first noticed it. I can’t figure out where it is supposed to go or what it does. Help!
Goes in the oil cap, might have had a duckbill valve in the cap at one time but they are usually long gone to goo.
Also hold the little chain keeper.

So…line me out please to make sure my assumptions are correct. It looks like the duckbill valve fits into the center of that disk that you guys identified. The duckbill valve is venting FROM the outside (in other words, to prevent a vacuum from forming inside the tank). The cap has a tiny hole to allow venting. Should I use compressed air to blow it out to make sure it is clear? Does the stem that sticks out from the disk go towards the cap or towards the inside the tank?
Or am I totally off base and that disk held some sort or keeper chain or something and the duckbill valve goes somewhere else?
I’m even more confused because I thought the tank got pressure from the crankcase and just sort of pressured the oil tank like the old top handle Poulans. You pulled me out of the ditch and I’m stuck again. Thanks!

Yes, the duckbill valve should be oriented to prevent a vacuum in the oil tank. The little "stem" should go inside the cap. I think in other iterations of that cap the stem helps secure a piece of felt in one of the channels...seems the duckbill valve was not a long term solution.

Just FYI, the earliest saws did not have a vent in the cap at all, just a hole in the top of the oil tank with a cotter pin (61) in it to slow down the leakage.

1649632006524.png

Mark

Latest posts

Back