Problem w/New Iron and Oak 34 Tonner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southside

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
on the southside of the mighty Merced River
New 34 ton 11hp 22gpm I&O will not auto return correctly no matter how much I adjust the detent valve. To I&O credit, they sent me a new hydraulic valve and this one does the same thing. I can get it to come up but the valve will stay locked in causing the pump to whine, when I back the detent back a quarter turn the ram won't auto return at all. Any ideas? Thanks, Southside

My neighbor has a TW clone with auto-cycle and when it's cold out it won't auto-cycle until everything is up to temp. After a few minutes of use it will work fine. Maybe all it needs is to be used for a bit?
good luck,
dave

Thanks Dave, I did run it last night for about 45 minutes, but with that big hydraulic tank, the fluid only got luke warm, I'll run it hard for an hour tonight after work and split some wood too. I'm wondering if I&O is putting the same valve on their 22 gpm pumps as they do on their 16 gpm pumps, maybe these valves can't handle the extra gpm's. Thanks, SS

Had a new valve a few months ago from I&O that didn't work properly - had to buy it because the other one was leaking. New one would not auto return. They sent me another that finally worked correctly. Maybe they just aren't being made correctly?

Can't help, but thought I'd mention that TW and some other reputable splitter manufacturers are no longer offering auto cycle on newly manufactured splitters. If you order a TW today, its not an option. I spoke with the owner of another reputable splitter manufacturer and he said auto cycle doesn't always work properly under load and is an issue later in life. He said its dangerous and prone to failure, making it a liability, so he now will NOT install it on any splitter.

Back