Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The behavior you exhibted in this post is the exact reason we continue to have issues. Please do no bring external issues onto this site to use for baiting members. You are also not entitled to defend anoyne else that might be having issues on this site.
Go ahead, make your point.

Remember he runs boat oil Brad.

Big fish in a really small pond, with nothing better to do than fallow you around, threaten people, and act so childish it's become nothing more than amusing.

To make a point that will more than likely fall on deaf ears.;)

To get back on topic. The saw in question actually ran fine the stumble was almost not noticeable, if a new coil fixed the issue, it was a bad coil nothing more. This isn't the first, or last 661 that's had this issue, and I've seen the same issue in a few 441's now.
It won't fall on deaf ears, that's how everyone got banned the last time.

I realize the problem he had with the saw. And he stated what fixed it. What I was asking is why didn't it fix the problem the first time he swapped coils? Take a while for the m-tronic to adjust itself? Or did the dealer do somthin different than Brad. Just tryin to clarify so there is a clear answer for people who have this problem in the future.

It won't fall on deaf ears, that's how everyone got banned the last time.

I realize the problem he had with the saw. And he stated what fixed it. What I was asking is why didn't it fix the problem the first time he swapped coils? Take a while for the m-tronic to adjust itself? Or did the dealer do somthin different than Brad. Just tryin to clarify so there is a clear answer for people who have this problem in the future.

When i had an issue with a coil on an mtron i asked if i could just take it and put it in myself..the answer was no.

To those actually interested in this saw, yes, the dealer put the new coil and wiring harness in this saw. When they hooked it up to their diagnostic computer, it could not communicate with the controller/coil. I can't tell you why the coil swap I did made no change. I have no idea.

Did the Stihl tech have any input about fixing your saw or did he just hand it over and say here ya go?

If they replaced the coil and harness the harness would be the failure in my opinion. Especially if they couldn't get continuity with the coil. I would doubt it would be IP addressed.

Both coils and harness ran perfect on another saw with the same mods. I have no explanation for that.

I know IP addressed sensors are coming more poplar in the automotive world, but I would be stunned if coils on a chainsaw are. Well I'm gald it's running for you.

To those actually interested in this saw, yes, the dealer put the new coil and wiring harness in this saw. When they hooked it up to their diagnostic computer, it could not communicate with the controller/coil. I can't tell you why the coil swap I did made no change. I have no idea.

When Stihl recalled the fuel cap my FS110, my dealer wouldn't let me in stall the new cap lol.

Probably because with these new saws, the programs/software are needed to do much more than change the plug.

This is what took place in the heavy equipment market 20 some odd years ago: without the computer, and the knowledge to run the program; forget it.

I'll personally stick with my 1122s and 1128s.

You can keep the extra wiring.

Did we ever figure out why the first 'good' coil off the other saw did not fix the problem? I believe Deets asked this question, as well.
He said he didn't know: and quite frankly, unless he's got the software to communicate with the wondersaw, he can't.

This is a surefire way to require dealer servicing: it really does cut out the modifiers.

Think about it: what would you do if your MS661 started acting crazy?...

Oh Wait,
You would send it back to the porter, and it would be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back