Problems finding part for Stihl 028 chain brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samwilk200

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have an old Stihl 028 AV which I have been re conditioning.

I am stuck on finding one part here in the UK, Stihl UK says it no longer exists, so I've turned my attention to further afield, as I stumbled across this forum on the internet and everone seemed very helpful and friendly from the posts I read.

The part I'm after is the main spring for the chain brake (for the older brake type that does NOT cross over itself). The Stihl part number is 1118 162 7900.

Can anyone help me find one, or even better, does anyone have one they would be willing to ship to me?

Thankyou.

Hello all,

I have an old Stihl 028 AV which I have been re conditioning.

I am stuck on finding one part here in the UK, Stihl UK says it no longer exists, so I've turned my attention to further afield, as I stumbled across this forum on the internet and everone seemed very helpful and friendly from the posts I read.

The part I'm after is the main spring for the chain brake (for the older brake type that does NOT cross over itself). The Stihl part number is 1118 162 7900.

Can anyone help me find one, or even better, does anyone have one they would be willing to ship to me?

Thankyou.

Have you tried ebay?

This what you looking for?

Here's a <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/STIHL-028-028-AV-CHAINSAW-BRAKE-KIT_W0QQitemZ350335250957QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Chainsaws?hash=item51919bb20d#ht_540wt_830">028 AV chain brake kit.</a> Make sure it's the right one for your saw, this one has a brake band that crosses over itself.

I'm rehabilitating an 028 WB so I had this page handy. This is NOT the correct brake kit for the WB, btw.

Unfortunately thats the wrong one for my saw. Thats the newer style of brake.

been there had the headache! There are at least two different ones and I found them brand new at a place called Ron's saw shop. somewhere east coast. reasonable. I think its in the virginias or carolinas. very reasonable anyway

been there had the headache! There are at least two different ones and I found them brand new at a place called Ron's saw shop. somewhere east coast. reasonable. I think its in the virginias or carolinas. very reasonable anyway

Do you have an email address for this 'Ron's Saw Shop'? Being in the United Kingdom means its not overly easy to call up.

I just purchased a complete brake ass. for a 028 on e-bay. All I needed was the brake handle. It should be here in a few days. If the part you need is there I'll send it to you. I'll post a picture when it gets here. Maybe you'll get lucky.

I just purchased a complete brake ass. for a 028 on e-bay. All I needed was the brake handle. It should be here in a few days. If the part you need is there I'll send it to you. I'll post a picture when it gets here. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Thanks very much, do you have the ebay link so I can tell you whether its the right one or not.

Back